SDA 2 crossover

Options
r33i8km7baml.jpg
I took apart a pair of SDA 2. I did not label left or right crossovers as I took them apart unfortunately. With the photo link above I hope someone can tell me if there's a difference between the left and right crossover or it doesn't matter. The fact that there is a left and a right on the speaker though I would imagine there must be a difference.

Best Answers

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,180
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Should be able to figure it out from this. It may be just that you have to connect to the IC jack properly. The SDA drivers (tweeter plus MW) are to the outside edge of each speaker. The inside edge has (from top) stereo drivers tweeter, MW, woofer

nif9yma2h1b3.jpg
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Answer ✓
    Options
    steveeray wrote: »
    When I first started the project I thought I saw an upgrade for the tweeter and placing a resistor.

The TL upgrade is not possible on every model. Yours is one of those that it is not. BTW, it's a capacitor not a resistor.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Answers