The most Beatles-est Beatles song of all(?) ;)

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
edited June 2022 in Music & Movies
How's that for a clickbait title? ;)

It's a dreary day in Northern New England (but we do need the rain!).
Felt like listening to somethin off the beaten path, so I fired up the music player app on the ol' NAS and navigated to the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour. :#

Just listened to Blue Jay Way. And you know... I think this just might be the most Beatles-esque Beatles song of all. Written by George Harrison, no less! And based on something that actually happened to George, in LA, waiting for friends to come to his rented house on... Blue Jay Way.

A downright spooky, druggy, hallucinogenic song with an almost prosaic genesis. Pretty
cool -- and very Beatles. B)

https://youtu.be/Coz0TmK2ZIg

https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/the-beatles-blue-jay-way-is-a-hidden-masterpiece/

1hgwxeui4d7z.png

ksmsobipdgi1.png

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    Where's the window pane, micro dot or Blotter ? I feel I would have enjoyed that song better with some....
  • mhardy6647
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. ;)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    I went to an open house there when it was last listed for sale back in 2012or '13... It was cool to walk around the same pool as the Liverpool lads did. There was a certain vibe in the air, and you knew some epic parties took place here and you could just imagine the star power and smoke in the air.

I believe there are pictures of the Beatles hosting the Stones and Beach Boys at this house.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    Well, yeah -- I mean the Rutles... it doesn't get any better than that. B)

But those blokes did a lot -- I mean -- a lot! -- of chai. :#
    c9o6aflfxvac.png

vcjpqgcnzszw.png

d13w6jp12cnj.png

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,656
    Have you ever had authentic chai? It's horrible.
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2022
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Have you ever had authentic chai? It's horrible.

I have indeed.
    I -- ahem -- rather like it.
    :blush:

I will point out, in the context of my earlier post, that chai, which "we" take as meaning the very sweet Indian drink made by steeping (black) tea in hot milk with cardamom, clove, ginger and cinnamon and
    adding lots and lots and lots of honey or sugar, is - as I understand it - also the generic term for black tea in India.

... and I do likes me some Indian black tea.
    Drinking some as I type this, in fact.

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,656
    So, to continue our Beatles discussion....... I think that chai in India is the generic word for tea, but how that tea is prepared differs across the country. I first had chai in Bombay, sorry Mumbai, in the early 80's, and it was indeed the vile concoction that you describe. I went to a few other places in India, but avoided tea at all costs unless it was from a tourist oriented establishment that catered to Brits, as I found in Goa,
  • mhardy6647
    Hard to go wrong with an Assam, if you ask me... but I drink it with milk & sugar :)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,138
    How about 'bubble tea', with tapioca 'bubbles'? It is NOT carb-friendly.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    Nope, don't do bubble tea. :#
    Now, the Fab Four? Those guys mighta been into it...
    B)

7ugt55b6vi2t.png

... heh. and youse guyses thought you could pull me off-topic!

05rjz2a5uuou.gif
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    jeesh I could have done without the "Gland" protector... :#

No bubble tea here either.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    Please tel me the grannie with the mustache is not John Lennon....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Please tel me the grannie with the mustache is not John Lennon....

3wduimt43fqj.png

:#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    I have never been to Blue Jay Way, but part of a film I worked on in 1994 was shot at 7655 Curson Terrace in the Hollywood hills. The Beatles stayed there for a week in late August during their 1966 tour.

In one image, you can see Paul standing on the balcony above the pool. I took a picture looking the opposite direction which shows the little bridge over the pool and the balcony.

In the group photos by the pool, Joan Baez, Peter Fonda, and members of The Byrds are visible.

l80nlyarg22v.jpg

lh46dldtlb84.jpg

goy5hmm53aws.jpg

eo5r2bj3nx55.jpg

u5zgb4rsw0or.jpg

c8gykhrg7cg8.jpg

4zoall78j08l.jpg

audpoqqjtlb5.jpg