2 pair of SDA 2B, plus parts to make a Dreadnaught 1000VA for sale

Hi folks,

It’s been a minute since I’ve been on the forum. Life happens, and I haven’t had the time or resources to devote to this hobby for quite a while. I lost my job during Covid but have happily found a wonderful new opportunity. Unfortunately, I must relocate. Thus, I am selling most of my audio collection, including:

SDA 2B Studio in walnut veneer in pristine condition. I cannot find any cosmetic flaws so let’s rate them an 8 on the Audiogon scale.

I am also selling:

SDA 2B (traditional style) in good condition. There are a few cosmetic issues (a little chipping of the veneer on the top back of 1 speaker, maybe a few small pulls in the fabric). All parts are original and in good working and sounding condition, let’s rate them a 7 on the Audiogon scale.

I am also selling:

Parts to make a Dreadnaught 1000VA, including a Avel-Lindberg 1000VA from a 2012 group buy still new in the shipping box and a case made for it by Toolfan (Larry).

Finally, I also am including an original pin-blade cable is pristine condition.

I would like to sell this all in 1 package for $1,000.

You will need to pick them up in East Brunswick NJ (08816) by late June (or early July if necessary).

I will post pictures of the speakers later today or tomorrow.

FYI, I will also be posting other speakers for sale, including SDA SRS 2 and a bunch of monitors.

I want these to go to a good Polk home, so please help me make this happen.

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Nice! GLWTS!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    If sold separately the Dreadnaught should be gone quickly, nice speakers good luck with the sale.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    I will post pictures of the speakers later today or tomorrow.

It may take me a little bit to post pictures - I'm traveling this week and didn't pull them out before I left.
  • Big Dawg
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    If sold separately the Dreadnaught should be gone quickly, nice speakers good luck with the sale.

Thanks, and I'm sure that you're right. I'm happy to sell in pieces, but I want to give whomever buys one of the 2Bs the first opportunity to also buy the Dreadnaught.
  • Big Dawg
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    PM sent

replied
  • looking for a dreadnaught or parts to build
  • Big Dawg
    If I decide to sell separately, you'll be first in line
  • Big Dawg
    Bump and price drop: $800 for all of it, $600 for 1 pair plus dreadnaught kit, or sold separately $300/pair of speakers and $350 for the dreadnaught parts OBO
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Not that I need another pair of 2B’s, but for information for others; are the 2B’s modified in any way?

Anyone looking for the 1000VA transformer and one of Larry’s cases for it, you won’t find a better deal than this. If you can find them at all.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Big Dawg
    Both 2Bs are original. My plan had been to pick one to mod and keep forever, but things change and I'm moving to a smaller place and can't justify putting these in storage. Hoping to find a good home for my gear.

I really need to move these soon, so if anyone has any interest, please make me an offer.
  • PM sent RE: dreadnaught parts

I wish I was a little closer, I have a fully modded pair of 2B that is rough so your 2Bs would be an improvement. I hope someone closer can give them a good home.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    edited November 2022
    Another pair of 2B's sold overnight so I'll bump these up for a great guy.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    I know someone who may want the dreadnought parts, pm me if will separate
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,654
    Not sure how I missed this but I would also be interested in the dreadnaught parts. Please shoot me a message if the others fall thru.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Last active Oct. 27th. Probably still unpacking from his move and busy with the new job.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Big Dawg
    F1nut wrote: »
    Last active Oct. 27th. Probably still unpacking from his move and busy with the new job.

Indeed that is the case, and still ongoing. so very sorry for my delayed responses (and they won't be the last).

I've just responded to a DM for the dreadnaughts from a while back and need to give them some time to respond. If they decline, I'll reach out to the people above - thank you all for your interest.

I still need to find homes for lots of other gear, including the above 2 pair of 2Bs and my SRS2s listed elsewhere. $250/paid of 2Bs - available in NJ or MD or so.

I hope that you're all well and that I'll have a chance to spend more time with you folks in the future.