Maggie LRS scheduled to be delivered this Friday

Options
pearsall001
pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
I received an unexpected email today that my LRS will be here on Friday 6/3. I wasn't expecting them until Sept...a nice surprise for sure.

I'm excited & somewhat bummed though.

The wife & I are leaving Sat. for our trip to AZ (first time there for either of us) for our son's wedding! Super excited about the trip & the wedding!

The Maggies will just have to wait till we get back in a week. No biggie, the wedding trip is by far the only thing on my mind right now.

Will report back after getting them set up & listened to for a bit.
"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Just tell them to reschedule the wedding! :p

Congrats to your son and his bride.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes...but

I don't think trying to reschedule the wedding would go over too well! Lol!

"2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Have you already calculated the number of hours of speaker break in time you'd have if you started playing music through them from the time you leave until the time you return?

:D
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    I like your thought process! (Unless he is running tubes)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Congrats on your son's wedding! Also the speakers.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited June 2022
    Options
    What part of AZ? Grew up in southern Az and went to college in phoenix. Some days I miss it…but not in June!!!🤣🤣🤣

Congrats on the wedding! Hope it’s a happy time for all involved.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    Congrats to your son..............I say bring them with you, show the family, let them listen while you break then in... :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Have you already calculated the number of hours of speaker break in time you'd have if you started playing music through them from the time you leave until the time you return?

:D

172hrs, 13min, 56sec. 🤣🎶🎶🎶
  • pearsall001
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I like your thought process! (Unless he is running tubes)

Tom

No tubes...HALO A21+. Maybe some tubes later on down the road. 🤔
  • pearsall001
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    What part of AZ? Grew up in southern Az and went to college in phoenix. Some days I miss it…but not in June!!!🤣🤣🤣

Congrats on the wedding! Hope it’s a happy time for all involved.

Lake Powell...Paige. Pretty much N AZ close to S Utah.
    Should be an excellent trip 🎉🎉🍻🍻
  • pearsall001
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Congrats to your son..............I say bring them with you, show the family, let them listen while you break then in... :D

H9

Thanks!
    We've been waiting for this day to come. Finally here.
    I don't think the wife would appreciate giving up her seat for the speaker's. Lol!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Babies can sit on your lap. Two of you, two speakers, you're good to go!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

Thanks!
    We've been waiting for this day to come. Finally here.
    I don't think the wife would appreciate giving up her seat for the speaker's. Lol!

Whereabouts do you live? If you are in SoCal, just redirect them to me and I will run them in my rig for a proper break in. Then when you get home, you can come and pick them up and listen to the L800's while you are here.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Opposite coast in South Jersey right across the river from Philly.

Thanks for the invite though!
    I would love to get my ears on the L800's.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Our flight to AZ got cancelled till Sunday... lack of crew they said.

Sooooo...I didn't waste any time & got the LRS set up in a jiffy.
    I was anticipating not playing with them until we get back next Sat.

Stone cold right out the box they are certainly living up to their hype. I know I'll be playing around with placement till I get them dialed in to my likeing.

So far so good 😊

• treitz3
    Options
    Enjoy brother! (While you can, at least for now)

Bummer about the flight though.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Too funny! I don't know what's worse...having them in the house & not getting them set up till next Sat or having listened to them for a day & now having to wait another week to get another listen.

Oh well not much one can do. You have to deal with the cards your dealt.

Thank heavens that the wedding isn't until Tues.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    No pics, no speakers!

Congrats!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pearsall001
    edited June 2022
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    No pics, no speakers!

Congrats!

As requested!

A few pics for ya. The fabric color is charcoal w/ cherry wood trim.

So far sounding wonderful! A different presentation compared to the box speakers I've always had. This is my first time with ears on a Maggie...me likey.🎶🎶🎶🤗
  • treitz3
    Options
    For those who are too lazy to click on the pics..... :D

5dqaxzywqraf.png

Tom
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Nice...how'd you do that? 🤔
  • treitz3
    Options
    Ya' gotta save it somewhere online, then copy and paste. Whether it's FB, Google photos, One Note or whatever....the program doesn't really matter. It just has to be online somewhere (even if it is in a private folder).

Once it's online? Simply copy and paste. Keep in mind, if you move the photo or disrupt the link for whatever reason? The photo may disappear many years from now. This is why you see so many deleted or "missing" photos when you scroll through the older threads on the forum.

I'm sure other computer guru's have other ways to do this but this is how I do it. ;)

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Our you just click the photo button and upload like normalaq9rua5gj81z.jpeg

i8hiii3lrcfa.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options
    Speakers look great!
  • treitz3
    Options
    Showoff.

Tom
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Thanks guy's 😁

Pic re-do for the lazy arses! 🥴🤣wyiirvl6sci0.jpg
    khuzfa4ef58b.jpg
    0w4anj1myrag.jpg
    6esluasurg07.jpg
    vlbpkw5gdipa.jpg
    xmol9knin214.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Bet that sounds glorious!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Sigfried
    Sigfried Posts: 69
    Options
    I really like the wood trim on those. Have not seen any pics of those speakers with that. Nice! Nice room too.....enjoy! :)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    What's the verdict?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk