For Sale: iFi Mercury USB 2.0 cable .5m - $75 shipped

Options
Like new, 1 month old iFi Mercury 2.0 USB cable, .5m length. Comes with original box, velvet bag and USB B to micro adapter. These have been discontinued so are very hard to find. Fantastic USB cable for audio that competes with much higher cost USB cables. I initially chose the Mercury over the WW Silver Starlight after demo-ing both.

I recently replaced my iFi 3.0 cable with this 2.0 version after switching DDC's. I've been using iFi Mercury USB cables for the past couple years between my NUC and DDC but I finally splurged on a Wireworld Platinum Starlight so that I've now got all WW silver cables.

"The Mercury cable carries the audio signal and power in two separate cables. It employs heavy OFHC continuous copper silver matrix conductors for the best possible signal transfer.
iFi’s three custom-made metal oxide ceramic filters have a different effective range to broaden the range over which RF noise is silenced. The middle silencer is adjustable and can be moved along the whole length of the cable. This then “detunes” the antennae formed by the cable. The other two silencers should be kept as close to each respective end as possible.
Our FINAL USB connectors provide impeccable end-to-end RF shielding. They are machined entirely from solid, aircraft-grade aluminum."

Regular price is $120 but now discontinued. I'll ship this for $75 all in.

weii4ejtwb27.jpg
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,186
    Options
    That's definitely a more than fair price for a great USB cable. I have this one but mine didn't say it had a silver matrix in the conductors, just OFHC continuous cast copper.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    It is a little confusing. If you go to this website link https://ifi-audio.com/products/mercury/
    they say in the description " It employs heavy OFHC continuous copper silver matrix conductors for the best possible signal transfer." But if you look down at the bottom under 'User Manual', for 'Conductors' it just says "Heavy OHFC continuous cast copper".
    I had the 3.0 version of this cable and it had the copper/silver matrix conductors though so I'm not sure which statement on that link is the more accurate. I just read the box and all it says on it is "Heavy OHFC continuous cast copper".
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,186
    Options
    That's interesting. I wonder if they made a change to the "silver matrix" before they discontinued the cable and just didn't make all the proper changes on the webpage. My box just says the same as yours Heavy OFHC continuous cast copper. I got mine second hand. SKU 5 081313 801169.

It's a great sounding cable. Blew the Pangea away, which I returned.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    No longer available.