Aloha Polkies and Polkettes

Options
Keiko
Keiko Posts: 764
Yes, 'ol Keiko is still alive & kickin' and I hope everyone, (friend or bozo) is doing well. Sorry I haven't been hanging around much on the forum these days, but audio is still one of my passions and I think about some of you often. Y'all know who you are. ;)

Anyway, I'm reaching out here and trying to contact Greg, aka Inspiredsports. Does anyone know if he's still around or how to contact him? IIRC, he operated his own watch business and this is why I'm hoping to contact him. I got a couple of time pieces I need help with. If anyone knows how to contact him or his company, please let me know.

TIA and please gimme a shout back. I'd like to catch up with some old friends. Amazing all the years that have passed since I was a green newb. I learned so much from a lot of cool folks here on this forum. Some, I know have passed on and are sincerely missed.

Shout-out to Jesse, Club Polk Prez w/exceptional hair. Dark Knight, Master Jedi & Sith Killer. George Daniel, aka Lt. Dan. John, Boots to Arses, Stasny ;) MrBigBlueLight, DaBoys, Rich, Carl, Troy, TonyB and so many other old timers, too numerous to mention here. Y'all know who you are.

And Greg, if you're out there, holla back at me. Appreciated!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,856
    Options
    Hey Mike, great to hear from you. I hope Janey and dogs are keeping you out of trouble. It's basically the DDSS syndrome around here ;)

Sorry, no idea how to contact Inspiredsports. Surely there's a watch repair guy on the island, no?

I'll leave you with.....The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to more pie.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Keiko
    Options
    Mmmm, PIE! I like PIE! :*

I dunno, Jesse. Can't even find a good electronics tech around here these days. At one time, they were everywhere. Now, it's just the Geek Squad.

Janey and I are doing good. Celebrating 41yrs this Sunday. We're doing Italian Sunday night. : )~~~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options
    Aloha brother! Did you try sending a PM? Never know it just might kick up his sails.
    Congratulations to both of you on the 41yrs, monster milestone 🎊🎉
    Pie is gooood lol
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options
    Hey, Mike! Long time bro'. Glad to see you come back. Any changes to the rig?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,296
    Options
    41 years ! 👍🤗.
    Çongratulations, here ya go.

b0991aolgod6.png
    Sal Palooza
  • Keiko
    Options
    Tom, nope! Still running the same 2ch. rig I've had for 15yrs now. Only change was my investment into a Cambridge 752BD. Nice piece, but it's grown obsolete now with all this 4k/streaming. I use it for movies, but mostly as a DAC for my NAS. TopHatJohnny introduced me to those and I love it. My entire music library at my fingertips.

Pittdog, yes I did. Hoping he responds.
  • Keiko
    Options
    41 years ! 👍🤗.
    Çongratulations, here ya go.

b0991aolgod6.png

I'm a diabetic now. This is detrimental to my health. Plus, I'd need lots of mrlittlebluepills to satisfy her appetite. But thanks, bro. ;)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    Hey Mike, nice to hear from you. Hope things are well in paradise.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    New phone. Who dis?
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2022
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    New phone. Who dis?

Ha! New phone or not I know who you are.....
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    Options
    Hey. Mike! God to hear you're doing well!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,958
    Options
    Hey Mike, nice to see you pop in, glad you are doing well..
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,362
    Options
    Greetings old friend! I'm still alive and twitching....lol
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    Options
    uhhh....yes, I was told there'd be cake?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,094
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    uhhh....yes, I was told there'd be cake?

Your wish is my command.
    https://youtu.be/-HLF9a1UF6Y

Howdy @Keiko :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,133
    Options
    Welcome back Mike. Good to see you around again and hope you stay a while this time.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SCompRacer
    edited May 2022
    Options

Howdy @Keiko :)
    That triggered an appropriate response.... :)

https://youtu.be/XiyoCZUwwYg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Keiko
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Ahhh, I have missed this group. BTW, Greg has responded and I'll try to hang out here a bit more. It'll be like the good 'ol days. Now, who wants PIE? ;)

https://gfycat.com/BitesizedEarnestCorydorascatfish
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    Options
    Congrats on 41 year. nice to see all the standard bearers turning up.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • SCompRacer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Congrats on 41! Wife and I hit 46 years the 22nd! That's like two lifetimes I tell her, then she hits me. :D
  • SCompRacer
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Ahhh, I have missed this group. BTW, Greg has responded and I'll try to hang out here a bit more. It'll be like the good 'ol days. Now, who wants PIE? ;)

https://gfycat.com/BitesizedEarnestCorydorascatfish

This Pi?

https://youtu.be/3HRkKznJoZA

or....this pie? B)

https://youtu.be/OjyZKfdwlng
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Congrats on 41! Wife and I hit 46 years the 22nd! That's like two lifetimes I tell her, then she hits me. :D

Congratulations Rich
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,133
    Options
    Nooshin and I put 22 years behind us yesterday...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    Hey Mike. Good to see you back visiting. Congratulations on the 41 years. Sure do miss all those intertaining pictures back in the day that some of youz posted :D .. BTW the tubes I got from you are still going strong. Have a wonderful summer on the islands this summer
    Randy/Maine
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

I'm about three weeks in.....
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options

22yrs, 22days...as long as she's happy :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,405
    Options

Rookie. Kimmie and I just passed our 15th anniversary on the 12th. Time flies when you are having fun!

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    4 months ago I passed 38 years. Of being free. :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Rookie. Kimmie and I just passed our 15th anniversary on the 12th. Time flies when you are having fun!

Tom

20 years May 12th
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

20 years May 12th

That's a good day!
    Congratulations 🎉