Nothing to see here...

ZLTFUL
ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
edited May 2022 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Never mind. My brain is sleepy and after thinking about the questions, I figured it out myself.
"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Sorry, Ryan but ya' got'sta prove it. Otherwise, we will have to sick Russ out on your bushes.....just sayin'...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ZLTFUL
    @treitz3 I was trying to remember what type of crossover type I would need to calculate for to do a midbass module connected with the mains in my theater.

I remembered that it was a narrow bandpass. I was overcomplicating things and most of the online calcs omit simple bandpass filters.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    How many subs and midbass modules do you run
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    You gonna snag those DIYSoundgroup MBMs for sale in your area?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    VR3 wrote: »
    How many subs and midbass modules do you run

Currently have 6 Stereo Integrity HT-18D2s in 4cf sealed boxes each. From 40 on down, I have absolutely zero issues.

But my mains have a 78hz +/-3db low end. I want to reinforce what I like to refer to the chest punch. I have more than enough kick in the a$$ output down low. There is an audible dip from around 50hz up to around 100-120.

A pair of 15" 4cf ported MBM tuned to 38hz slots in nicely with a band pass crossover at 40hz -120hz.
    But the other consideration is that these MBMs would have to be sonically a continuation of the mains and share power with them.

• VR3
    It sounds like you have exceeded the required 8 subwoofers, so I will approve of your mission.

God speed
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ZLTFUL
    The funny thing is, there is an AVS group down in KC and another up in the Twin Cities who have literally lost their damned minds when it comes to tactile bass.
    They are also running 6-10 18s, tactile transducers, nearfield subs...

I don't need any of that. I just know what a kickdrum sounds and feels like at a live show and want that. I get the lower end of the bigger ones but the "average" kickdrum should be punching me in the chest, not rubbing my butt.

• VR3
    Agreed!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    kickdrum should be punching me in the chest, not rubbing my butt.
    There's a Russ joke in there somewhere....
  • ZLTFUL
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    kickdrum should be punching me in the chest, not rubbing my butt.
    There's a Russ joke in there somewhere....

You ain't wrong, Ivan.