Lsim 705 Midnight Mahogany $650 OBO Madison WI

Options
Minor Blemishes to cabinet in areas not readily apparent (imo). Edge damage on grills that negatively impact sound quality anyhow and probably shouldn’t be used. Sonically perfect. These are amazing speakers for my asking price but my new space won’t allow me to set these up conveniently. The first time I listened to these, it literally brought tears to my eyes. If you’re looking for a tower speaker and looking for high bang for your buck, you’d be hard pressed to do better than these. I had lsi15 before these and the stock incarnation of those are rubbish compared to these. Currently cash/carry only.

Make an offer if you’re interested and willing to go ahead if I accept. I accepted two offers elsewhere and people ghosted me but I’m guessing polkies won’t do that. 😉zrste915lmbc.jpeg
wa0b4clepkvq.jpeg
kpzaagq1as1l.jpeg
wrlrbsberdzs.jpeg
7qmn9x8uby72.jpeg
gt04d8y7y3s6.jpeg
cwcacuaqpwr5.jpeg
e94hi1ve643h.jpeg
cck6yvyomdp7.jpeg
07f3g4yrh7hx.jpeg
9j0n3p1s9nzi.jpeg
uguygdjm4fmb.jpeg

Comments

• plainoledave
    Options
    Meetup along Madison to northern Chicago burbs possible or along Madison-Milwaukee route.

If you’ve had your ears on 705’s, this is a no brainer, folks! That being said, make an offer before I come to my senses. 😉
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Nice deal here. I've owned the 703 & 706c but always wanted to try these out. I currently have serious health issues and have been off work. However, if things were normal I would be trying to buy these from you. I remember I purchased a set of Boston Acoustics VR3 towers up that way. I'm in NW Indiana.

Someone needs to grab these!

Bump!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • plainoledave
    plainoledave Posts: 408
    edited April 2022
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Nice deal here. I've owned the 703 & 706c but always wanted to try these out. I currently have serious health issues and have been off work. However, if things were normal I would be trying to buy these from you. I remember I purchased a set of Boston Acoustics VR3 towers up that way. I'm in NW Indiana.

Someone needs to grab these!

Bump!

705’s absolutely destroy the 703’s with a good amp, as one would expect

• plainoledave
    Options
    This is approaching part out territory
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    How are these still here?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • plainoledave
    edited April 2022
    Options

I’m not sure. Maybe people think they’re trashed? They aren’t.
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Would love to own them just can’t justify buying them seeing my lsi15’s been sitting unused for more than a year now. But your right this is a heck of a deal. I been wanting some since they were on blowout for twice this price.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Wow what a steal. I don’t think I could let mine go anywhere near that.
    Glwts
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Somebody needs to grab these. Fer Cri Yi!
  • plainoledave
    Options
    Maybe I should just get a center and sub to go with these and my 703’s. I don’t think I can go lower than $600. Oh well, I’ll hook them back up and suffer for a bit longer, I guess. 😉
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Dave… PM inclming
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • plainoledave
    Options
    Dave… PM inclming

Replied
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited May 2022
    Options

I"m sick Dogonit! and off work, bad timing or I would be running LSiM again. There are even some matching 704 & 706 centers available out there.

You're sending a PM, maybe you are finally ready to move from your LSi to LSiM? :)

Someone needs to do something to help this seller out!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • plainoledave
    Options
    I’m taking the delivery/meetup option off the table. My rotator cuff isn’t responding to therapy and my PT told me to restrict my exertion to my exercise to the exercises. I also had a personal issue pop up and I wouldn’t be up for a long car trip right now. Sorry for the bait/switch. $600 at my door still gets them
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    Got mine for 8 hundo and thought they were a steal at that price, sheesh
  • plainoledave
    Options
    I actually have two people hounding me to sell my 703’s despite them not being for sale. I was stupid enough to disclose what I was replacing the 705’s with twice. I don’t learn from my mistakes, apparently. 🤦‍♂️
  • dromunds
    Options
    They had plenty of opportunities to purchase the 703’s from me, they were for sale at a tremendous bargain for several weeks before you purchased them from me. Those 703’s are really nice bookies. I doubt highly that you’d be able to replace them for anywhere near what they went for.
  • plainoledave
    edited May 2022
    Options
    575 and I think I’m at my lowest before I’m going to put them up for auction.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    575 and I think I’m at my lowest before I’m going to put them up for auction.

I am still interested but trying to figure things out on my end Dave so please give me time.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Sent you a PM about meeting in Madison sometime on the 20th, day or evening.
  • nick48
    nick48 Posts: 9
    Options
    Where are at what state?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    nick48 wrote: »
    Where are at what state?

CAN U READ?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Where are at what state?

"Would you like to buy a vowel ???" ...

W_sc_ns_n
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Where are at what state?

CAN U READ?!?

Abbreviations are hard🤣🤣
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    HELLO WISCONSIN!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    Options
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    R they magohiny?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Where are at what state?

CAN U READ?!?

Abbreviations are hard🤣🤣

Oh right, sorry. WI could be anywhere haha!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer