outlaw troubles!!!!!!!

Options
wangotango68
wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
last night me and the wife were watching a dvd and all is well when all of a sudden my left channel dropped out. the first thing i thought was my amp gave out,i have the outlaw preamped out to my carver m4.0t so i hooked up my cdplayer that has varible out direct to the amp and all worked fine. i tried the tuner and the other inputs on the outlaw and the same thing the left channel was not there. the sound was not even close to being remotley load as we had some family over. so the outlaw is on its way back to them. so my question is is there a dd,dts reciever out there in the $600 and under price range that wold be a good replacement?

scott:cool:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited January 2002
    Options
    Have you ever gave a listen to any of the Onkyo's?? I've only got the low-end HT unit, and it sounds great. Circuit City website will give you the skinny on all of them. Also has owner reviews you can eye-ball. I think they have a couple of units in the price range you mentioned. Sorry about your Outlaw,,,

Ron
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I also am a fan of the Onkyo's. I checked Crutchfield and there is a money gap on most of the recievers. From from $500 to $7-800.
    The TXDS595 is $500 and the a more powerful 696 for $800. They are very loaded for the price and even have the new pro logic 2 decoding. Nice learning remote with macros.:)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I'd give Onkyo a shot. They were my second choice over the Marantz I picked up.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited January 2002
    Options
    I recentley had the same problem and after listening & looking at a lot of players purchased the Harman Kardon DVD10 player, fantastic picture & sound, cd play back is very good somthing most dvd players lack? also the remote is easy to use.regards Fabian :)
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2002
    Options
    When you hook-up with an Outlaw, nothing but trouble can be expected.

What, you expected an Outlaw to be reliable?

Look on the bright side, one channel still works.

Seriously, Ovation in Greenwood has a back-garage type room where they sell lots of demo'd and slightly used equipment. I'm certain that this is the place where you would get the most bang for your buck. I've seen 4802's there for $1K. I've seen RT3000P's complete with subs for right around $1K. All used... but, they'll let you try em out in the store before you walk.
    Anyway, they usually have a nice collection of receivers. Give em a call and I bet they'll be able to help. Remember, GREENWOOD.
    None of their other locations have this arrangement.

Good luck Scott.

Ron