AXPONA 2022

dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
It was great to see several Polk Forum members at AXPONA in Chicago. I had a great time and it was fun to see everyone! One of the worst rooms of the day, Wilson Audio. One of the best, AudioThesis. The Polk RS200's were impressive, as were the Paradigm Founders Series.
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    It was a very good day! Doug, Aaron, Brian, new friend Mario. We ran into Chris. Long time man!

I agree on the rooms. That SVS home theater was pretty kewl too.

I was hoping this would jump start my audio interest but I cleaned the garage today.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    For more audio gear....right? New home theater taking place🤪

Sshhh we won't tell.....
  • SCompRacer
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    For more audio gear....right? New home theater taking place🤪

Sshhh we won't tell.....

Ha! lol I was thinking of selling the two channel and the vinyl. (Aaron offered me $500 for the Salks... ).

I have that partially assembled walnut plinth for my Lenco to finish. It would match the Eros phono stage perfectly as the wood was sourced from the same tree. I can't seem to find the ambition. Fresh out of roundtuits. Maybe I can get Aaron to do it.... B)

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    As to the Salks. Dibs AND $500 so don’t be thinkin you can sneak a $501 offer in here…

How you want that finished? I don’t mind wood working.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2022
    True hard baller that Aaron guy....
    If you not careful he'll stick that pigmy cat of yours in his pocket....
    Keep both eys on'm 👀👁️👀
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Did anyone listen to this room? I really wanted to make it this year but I just got home from the hospital yesterday due to illness.

uatnsybjk8in.png
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    It was a very good day! Doug, Aaron, Brian, new friend Mario. We ran into Chris. Long time man!

I agree on the rooms. That SVS home theater was pretty kewl too.

I was hoping this would jump start my audio interest but I cleaned the garage today.

Good seeing you as well!! I haven’t been around the forum forever but need to.

The show was fun but I was stuck in our rooms the whole time. I got out for about 2 hours so my wife and I could walk around but didn’t see half the stuff I wanted to.

I’m happy to get into a bidding war with Aaron on those Salks. $500.01 should do it.
  • ALL212
    Pump those brakes there sir…or weve’s be gonna have us a TALK!

:p
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • SCompRacer
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Pump those brakes there sir…or weve’s be gonna have us a TALK!

:p

Don't jeopardize your enabler badge... :D
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    $502 plus a sack of white castle for the Salks.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • ALL212
    edited April 2022
    Dang nab it…
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Dang nab it…

consarn it all.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    erniejade wrote: »
    $502 plus a sack of white castle for the Salks.

I’ll raise you TWO sacks of WC and $502.75. We talking some big money here so might have to mortgage the house soon.
  • ALL212
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Dang nab it…

consarn it all.

You willing to throw in a set of monster cables in @mhardy6647 ? I’ll see about getting some Bose 301 Series I’s as replacement for the Salks. Then when Rich swoons over the deal we’ll swoop in. You haul one out East and I’ll sneak the other one to Rockford.

Bastages’l never find ‘em…
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Where are the damn pictures. This thread is completely worthless without PICTURES!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ALL212
    4s9vb8ljkacy.jpeg

That help??

:p:D
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • pitdogg2
    Turbine collars SWEEEET
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    Where are the damn pictures. This thread is completely worthless without PICTURES!!!

I didn't get signatures on the model release forms so may have to ask mods to remove it....lunch! Oh, and I've been updating my death file with these speaker offers for the wife. :D

zktx0pvxrjjt.jpg

• SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    I don't recall which room this was, but it had decor.....
    j9ngi2e5ibr1.jpg

bbta5vsxn8qd.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    Who's sitting next to that raging Italian Mario?

Mario's pretty cool😉
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited April 2022
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/sound-united-presents-denon-and-polk

"Sound United Presents Denon and Polk
    Jason Victor Serinus | Apr 26, 2022

q610ks45fm6c.png
    Much of the explanation zoomed by far too fast for one not trained in shorthand to record, but the surprisingly huge soundstage and impressive bass of a system variously introduced as "Everyman's Stereo" (footnote 1) and "The Audiophile's Training Wheel System" made their mark. Streamed in 16/44.1 from Spotify, Joe Bonamassa's ""High Water Everywhere" sounded quite fine. Nor was this system shy when it came to delivering the edgy nastiness of Alice Cooper's "Welcome to my Nightmare."
    r4tvi6qiq1ob.png
    Seen and heard were the new Polk Reserve R200 bookshelf loudspeakers ($749/pair), which are derived from Polk's Legend series. The speakers mated quite well with Denon's new DCD-1600NE CD player with advanced AL32 processing ($1499) and PMA-1600NE 140Wpc integrated amplifier ($2099). (The Denon DP-400 belt-drive turntable seen atop the rack was present for display purposes only.) Surprisingly, digital processing was performed, not by the CD player's internal DAC, but rather by a diminutive AudioQuestDragonFly Cobalt USB DAC.
    xth3gz240cvc.jpg

Footnote 1: Where women stand in all this I cannot say."
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • SCompRacer
    edited April 2022
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Who's sitting next to that raging Italian Mario?

Mario's pretty cool😉

El Jefe, Doug.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073

Looks like taking pictures was not the focus. I understand, it can be a chore. It's about the music!

Others snapped a few...

https://www.stereophile.com/category/axpona-2022

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/axpona-2022-asr-meetup.33315/

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/axpona-2022-my-six-favorite-rooms/

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/axpona-2022-loudspeakers-30k-and-up

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2022/04/23/friday-highlights-from-axpona-axpona-2022/

https://www.audioholics.com/trade-shows/axpona-2022

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2022/04/axpona-2022-show-photo-report.html

https://enjoythemusic.com/AXPONA_2022/

https://audio-head.com/show-highlights-axpona-2022/amp/
    Yeah, these prices seem a little high for the uninitiated, but there were plenty of affordable—well, relatively affordable by high-end standards—products that sounded wonderful, such as the Sonner Audio Legato Duos loudspeakers ($11,000), the stunning combination of the $4,900 Rosso Fiorentino Prienza loudspeakers with Norma electronics in the Audio Thesis room
    70o4e3pj54wt.jpg
    as well as the $1598/pair GoldenEar BRX monitors, which I’m currently reviewing, but here with matching subwoofers.
    AXPONA 2022 proved that the high-end industry is healthy and ready to move forward after two years of nothingness. It’s clear that many manufacturers took the pandemic hiatus to develop some new and exciting products. I’m already looking forward to AXPONA 2023.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2