Wiring ES55 Signature Elite

Options
Hi all!
I have bought recently for the first time a set of Polk towers - ES55 Signature Elite that I want to connect to a receiver Denon AVR-S660H. These towers have like connection 4 binding posts: the lower set for low frequencies and the upper set for high frequencies.
Which set I should use to connect to the receiver?? Which is better?

Actually, I'm using the set for high frequencies but really I'm not sure that I'm using the right one

ANd a second question: Will change something If I will use bi-wiring between ES55 and AVR-S660H?

Thanks!

Sorry if you guys find these questions are stupid, I'm really new in the audio domain :neutral:

Living Room:
Receiver- DENON AVR-S660H
Mains- Polk ES55
Center- Polk ES35
Surrounds- Polk ES10
Sub- Polk HTS10

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Just say no to fake bi-wiring with an AVR. Seriously just don't do it.

Regarding hooking them up, assuming the metal pieces (red arrows) are in place and connecting both sets of posts, feel free to hook them up to the top or bottom - your choice.
    tdvgwhxf0vhp.png

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    If you're going to bi-wire remove the jumper plate.
    If you're using just standard two wire speaker cable the binding post plate is needed. It doesn't matter if you use top or bottom binding post. Some actually will hook one side in the lower frequency post and one diagonally in the upper high frequency post.

Try it and see which you like better.
  • newaudio
    newaudio Posts: 2
    Options
    the metal pieces are in the places, not touched, and the towers are connected using the upper set. So in conclusion, if the metal pieces are in place - no matter which set is used the result will be the same. Thanks man!

For bi-wiring - just wanted to know if this method will add some clarity and other benefits for quality sound. If not - not make sense to lose the time for that.

Thanks guys for help!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    If you have a small piece of good quality or the same as you're using, you can use the wire between the upper/lower post instead of the jumper plate. That could also be a bit better. But in the end only your ears on your gear can determine whether it is better or not.