Question of value

Hello,

been cleaning out my closet and have a bunch of Polk speakers. All used but in great condition (visually & functionally). Given some of their ages, are they worth anything?

Polk RTi38 (Pair)
Polk CSi40
Polk FXi50 (Pair)

TL1 Center Channel

MAGNIFI X Soundbar + Wifi subwoofer (no remote)

Thanks

Lonwa
Sometimes good command decisions get compromised by bad emotional responses."

Answers

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    lonwa wrote: »
    Hello,

been cleaning out my closet and have a bunch of Polk speakers. All used but in great condition (visually & functionally). Given some of their ages, are they worth anything?

MAGNIFI X Soundbar + Wifi subwoofer (no remote)

Not sure about the other things, but this is definitely worthless.
  • lonwa
    lonwa Posts: 83
    edited March 2022
    Thanks. Is it a really bad soundbar? It worked great for me for several years.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Just a joke since people seem to make endless posts about issues with their Polk soundbars.
  • lonwa
    you mean 10% success rate? =)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Polk RTi38 (Pair)
    Polk CSi40
    Polk FXi50 (Pair)

^
    These are definitely not worthless. In fact, they would make a very nice little 5.1 setup for someone with a decent sub in a home theater. I had a very similar setup that kept us happy for many years. I had RT800i L/R up front, a CSi40 center, FXi50 surrounds, and RTi38 rear surrounds with an SVS cylinder sub in a 7.1 setup. I’d probably value them at around at least $200-$250 for the lot.

The RTi38’s are some very capable bookies in a stereo rig too.
  • lonwa
    edited April 2022
    Thanks Scubalab. Appreciate the info and insight.

Shipping does become prohibitive though.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    lonwa wrote: »
    Thanks Scubalab. Appreciate the info and insight.

Shipping does become prohibitive though.

I’ve got several items I need to sell, but shipping is out of the question since the total cost to purchase would be about half shipping.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    scubalab wrote: »
    Polk RTi38 (Pair)
    Polk CSi40
    Polk FXi50 (Pair)

^
    These are definitely not worthless. In fact, they would make a very nice little 5.1 setup for someone with a decent sub in a home theater. I had a very similar setup that kept us happy for many years. I had RT800i L/R up front, a CSi40 center, FXi50 surrounds, and RTi38 rear surrounds with an SVS cylinder sub in a 7.1 setup. I’d probably value them at around at least $200-$250 for the lot.

The RTi38’s are some very capable bookies in a stereo rig too.

@ionwa I agree that this would make a nice budget surround setup, but I think $200 is probably the max your gonna get. Maybe start at $225 and be ready to negotiate…
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • lonwa
    Thank you rooftop