Polk Assist TuneIn not working

Options
I have 2 Polk Assist speakers in The Netherlands. On both TuneIn radio can not be played anymore via Google.
The speaker anwers correctly that it will stream the required radio station on TuneIn, but then no sound is given and internet via wifi is disconnected. The Polk speaker connects again after some minutes. Still mute, no radio.
Other Google Home speakers i have are still working good with TuneIn. Only the Polk Assist gives problems.
Anyone has a solution?

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Hello,
    I'll ask a friend at Polk who to contact where you live. It is possible that radio has made a change in their characteristics that no longer is compatible with the Assist. The same issue has happened with BBC broadcasts in other countries.
  • woewoe68
    woewoe68 Posts: 1
    Options
    Same problem here
  • hansbl
    hansbl Posts: 2
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Since a couple of days same problem here with both my Polk Assist speakers.
  • Serfenia
    Serfenia Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have this problem for a couple of days now. Streaming via phone works fine, but any google assistant commands for TuneIn fail. Is there a workaround or solution to it?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    Every time I see these types of issues with new technology I'm reminded how wise I am to have stuck with tried and true old technology such as CD/SACD players and turntables.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• thosb
    thosb Posts: 1
    Options
    Not just TuneIn… BBC sounds in the UK & deezer don’t work either… our Polk assists are pretty much just paperweights now!
  • Frank1980
    Options
    The same issue here in the Netherlands. But I have additional information. When I use my Google nest hub for my voice command, the Polk Assist also resets (or lose wi-fi... I don't know what happens but a red ligt turns on and there is a beep). If I prompted to play on Assist, then there is no sound. But if I prompted to play on a speaker group containing also the Nest hub, then first the Nest hubs plays, and after the Assist resets, then also the Assist begins to play.
  • Leeroy
    Leeroy Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Same over here, also in The Netherlands. It worked until last week. if I say: hey goole"play radio 538 on tune in" it will repeats to me it is going to play 538 on tune in, but no sound and after a minute the red lights blink en there is a sort of a reset sound. When ik cast 538 via tune in with my iPhone it works fine. The odd thing is that mij smart speaker from harman kardon works fine!!!
  • Mafa
    Mafa Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Ilive in Portugal and the same thing started to happen a few months ago.
    First specific stations wouldnt play, and since March, reboots everytime i try to listen something on tunein.
    Hope they give us an update soon, or at least a work around.
    Mafa
  • hansbl
    hansbl Posts: 2
    Options
    I recieved this message form the dutch importer of Polk:

Helaas heeft Google de chromecast versie voor spraak commando’s geupdate. De Polk Assists hebben hun laatste software update enkele jaren geleden gehad, en worden inmiddels niet meer ondersteund. Hierdoor is de functionaliteit met de Google spraakcommando’s komen te vervallen. Helaas hebben wij hier geen invloed over.
    Wij hebben het voor u nagevraagd bij Polk USA en zij hebben ons dit verteld.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,507
    Options
    Translation:

"Unfortunately, Google has updated the chromecast version for voice commands. The Polk Assists had their last software update a few years ago, and are no longer supported. As a result, the functionality with the Google voice commands has expired. Unfortunately we have no influence over this.
    We checked with Polk USA for you and they told us."
  • areyouben
    areyouben Posts: 1
    edited May 2022
    Options
    OK, so basically what they are saying is that we can throw away this speaker after only a few years of usage. Well, of course we can still use it for casting and other voice commands that are still working. But for how long? Not very planet friendly…
  • Kousmika
    Kousmika Posts: 1
    Options
    Same here in Quebec, Canada
  • sam23
    sam23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Same here in Singapore. It will repeat after me and then it will reboot. I should have bought Sonos .
  • jzaw
    jzaw Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same issue in UK. Why since a year people are complaining and there is no explanation of the issue from Polk?
  • valehatter
    Options
    Very fed up with Polk. We bought the Polk Assist on a Which? recommendation - it stopped streaming BBC radio - I can see lots of other people have the same problem - and now it stopped streaming TuneIn radio. its effectivley just a dumb bluetooth speaker now. Wont be buying or recommending Polk products. Didnt see any responses from Customer Support either