Poor Phil Collins

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,004
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Who is LOLing my man Philly Cee for getting old. Just wait until I find a real computer

Edit: It's Trey. I hope when you get old and can no longer solder because your hands shake too much that someone LOL's you. ;)
    Post edited by Nightfall on
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    Before they (Genesis) ever went on tour Phil had announced beforehand he would be seated for the concerts and could no longer play the drums.
    Sucks but this is not new news.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,442
    Options
    ... with Gary Gnus
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    There comes a time when a man must face his limitations, Sadly that time is upon Mr. Collins...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited March 2022
    Options
    We never know.

Sometimes it comes on slow, others only have a short time or none at all.

I have always admired his talent and his entertaining persona.

Didn't he live a clean life up till now? I see he's 71 now. I had no idea he is 7 years older than me.

I just read the article. Nothing about clean living but I'm pretty sure he lived healthy.

He sustained a vertebrae injury. Wow. 2007 it was.

Serious injury to sustain if it's a bad one or multiple ones.

I should be a quadriplegic because of my neck injury back in 1976 or so.
    C3 area looks different the tests showed over the years. By some miracle, I'm doing good now.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,076
    Options
    I listened to some of his music last week. Great performer and human being!

I remember him on Miami Vice.

cemjulnppecp.png

He has also done much work for the Alamo. Davey Crockett was my favorite as a kid.

The $450 million Alamo revitalization effort remains very real, its centerpiece a new museum to be built around the collection of artifacts and documents Phil Collins donated to the state in 2014. Everyone involved — George P. Bush, the GLO, the city of San Antonio, and the Alamo itself — has a lot riding on this.

smaaronm68yb.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Options
    I grew up listening to Phil. He’ll always be in my heart❤️
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo:
    Polk audio RTA-12c’s fully upgraded crossovers
    DIY 12tc braided speaker cables
    Denon DVD-5910ci Spinner
    Parasound P6 Preamplifer
    Parasound HCA -1500a Amplifier
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    He lives on my fridge

g4cawckwihq4.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk