Items for Sale

Options
dr1978
dr1978 Posts: 424
edited March 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Keeping the title vague so it doesn't pop up elsewhere. My hope is that I find a buyer here and I'm able to pass on a good deal. However, if there is no interest within a couple weeks, I'll move them on to Audiogon at a higher price. The following is for Polkie's with 100+ posts and in good stranding. I am located in Illinois, zip 61548, in case local pickup is preferred.

Recent events have dictated that I scale down my setup. I have purchased a Marantz PM-14S1, and it will allow me to sell the following items. Pictures to follow.

First up is my Cary SLP-98 purchased here from @GlennDog

Price: $2,200 plus shipping.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/185712/near-perfect-cary-slp-98-in-jaguar-red-w-silver-face-plate-striking-appearance/p1

The piece was upgraded by Cary roughly 8 years ago. See the link above for further detail. Not a whole lot needs to be said about this one, most everybody is familiar with this pre. It's in perfect working order, with one small blemish that I'll try to take a picture of, but overall it's a beauty.

Included will be the must-have Revelation Audio Labs umbilical cable (along with the stock cable), a matched pair of RCA military VT-231 grey glass 6SN7GT tubes that I recently purchased from Brent Jessee at AudioTubes.com, an unmatched pair of 1950s to early 1960s 6SN7GTB RCA tubes (one of which purchased from Brent), and 4 Electro-Harmonix 6SN7's. Of course the power supply will be included, along with the stock power cord.

If you are interested but don't have need for the tubes and RAL umbilical, let me know and I will consider splitting them out and selling separately.

Next is my McCormack DNA HT-5 power amp.

Price: $1,100 plus shipping

I purchased this from Skip a year and a half ago after he obtained it from the original owner. There was a channel out when Skip got it, but he took it to a tech who replaced a fuse and checked the unit as a whole with no issues.

Not a very common piece, but if you are familiar with the DNA-125, this utilizes the same circuit design. See the following review for more details.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/mccormack2/duo_2.html

On paper the Cary is probably the piece that I'll regret selling the most, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering if it will be this one. There aren't many 5-channel amps out there, especially with the pedigree of this one. For now I'm going to be using my PM to power the fronts, and my Marantz AVR for the rest. I'm sure I'll get by, but having this bad boy cover all the bases sure was a pleasure. The only noticeable flaw is one scratch on the face that I'll include pictures of below.

Finally is my Lounge Audio LCR MkIII phono pre.

Price: $200 Shipped, CONUS only

I purchased this from @Jaybeez about four years ago. It's had low to moderate use since I've had it and has never presented any flaws. I'll be using the phono stage of the PM14-S1, so it's time to thin the heard.

Thanks for looking, and let me know if you have any questions!

Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra

Comments

• dr1978
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pics of the Cary and peripherals...

x1wyqnlqbfss.jpg
    1muhryvlhdbq.jpg
    7jdlra20fnea.jpg
    zvf6kl17xqb2.jpg
    itvc6bdohbzb.jpg
    mws03sp46i7z.jpg
    blfoffhll7lu.jpg
    x4nkqo6s7lgd.jpg

This shows the faint mark, just to the right of the lower light glare.
    xlrfmn7oxrlo.jpg
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • dr1978
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The McCormack...

d30qytgauj52.jpg
    zbg2ox9fgkj8.jpg
    h0t8zqr8rd1r.jpg

Here is the scratch...
    4aghgastevm7.jpg

• dr1978
    Options
    And Lounge LCR...

lleenu0iah6c.jpg
    kwmwwlatecmb.jpg
    vrxtrzraa41t.jpg
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I’ll take the Lounge.
  • dr1978
    Options
    Consider the Lounge sold!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,930
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I wonder what was McCormack's reasoning for putting the RCA Jack's below the Binding Post's when normally the Amp will end up below everything..

Inquiring minds want to know..
  • dr1978
    Options
    You'd think that would have crossed my mind while using it, but nope
  • dr1978
    Options
    Still have the Cary and McCormack available. Let me know if you're interested.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Dang that Cary is tempting
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    **** or get off the pot, Joey.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

I gotta stop browsing
    It’s not good for my health
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »

I gotta stop browsing

RCA military VT-231 grey glass 6SN7GT tubes...are sweet, I too have a quad set from Brent Jessee
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I gotta stop browsing

Like you would know anything about that 🤣. How've you been? Hope work hasn't consumed all the fun out of life.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dr1978
    Options
    Will listen to reasonable offers, but as soon as I stop being lazy these will be going up on another site.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Dang that Cary is tempting

Dooo it! It’s a great pre . . . So much so, that it’s crossed my mind to buy it back!
    It sounds great and really is a show piece
    ma0oc3acoqxy.png
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Oh daaaamn, both those pieces are exceptional. Anyone can live with either one for a very long time . Good luck with the sale, and BTW...that amp is a steal at that price. Heck, so is the Cary.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    dr1978 wrote: »
    Will listen to reasonable offers, but as soon as I stop being lazy these will be going up on another site.

Bump for a great pre! . . . GLWTS
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12