Replace inside speaker cable

I have polk rti12 I bought in 2004.do you think it will improve the quality of the audio?

Answers

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    Yes
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jorge12
    jorge12 Posts: 33
    Wich cable brand and gauge you recommend ?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
  • I keep seeing Supra Rondo popping up.

Wouldn't a 12 AWG oxygen free copper, nice quality speaker wire give better results than stock in a vintage speaker? Maybe not Rondo results, but audible?

The price of Rondo is... a lot if you've got a lot of internal wire.
    The Thrifty Setups in Mah House Big thrifty stereo in the basement w/ my custom SDA-1C (built with help from kind forum members) * Beautiful 1966 MCM GE console upgraded w/ Bluetooth, Dual turntable, and Paradigm speakers in family room * Swanky 1980 Realistic system and great TEAC eq with dancing colored lights in the living room * Ye Olde college stereo in the garage
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I keep seeing Supra Rondo popping up.

Wouldn't a 12 AWG oxygen free copper, nice quality speaker wire give better results than stock in a vintage speaker? Maybe not Rondo results, but audible?

The price of Rondo is... a lot if you've got a lot of internal wire.

No. Clear jacket stuff will turn green in just a few years and cause a problem. the jacket itself allows air to come in through the jacket itself. The Rondo has a different jacket and the wire is plated to not corrode.

In mine I used a OCC silver plated copper hook up wire. It was hard to work with being 14ga but worth it in the end.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    It won't matter what wire is used because he wants to line the interior of the cabinet with Dynamat.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    jorge12 wrote: »
    Wich cable brand and gauge you recommend ?
    12 ga for the mids. 10 ga for woofers.
    Check my signature

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work