The wait is over!

Options
Milito
Milito Posts: 1,914
edited February 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
m7cmnukdp30w.jpg
6oq6miunda9y.jpg

I finally got my Musical Fidelity M6si yesterday. Weather delayed delivery till then.

Needless to stay it's not broken in yet, but results are very positive.

More bass, better mid range and clearer highs compared to my previous Music Hall 70.2.
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Now that’s an upgrade. Congrats!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I’ve gotta imagine to upgrade from the Music hall (which is a good piece in its own right) to the MF is huge!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Nice!!!

I think you're really gonna love it. I imagine your L600s are still getting better and better, and your new M6si is going to control them probably better than anything you've heard yet. This will present as audio improvements like clarity and articulation all around, but easily noticeable in reduced congestion at volume. Sweet, beautiful voices will float, dark background and hanging decaying notes. You may notice improvements in imaging as well, possibly even in depth depending on the material. I notice this in Chris Isaak's Baby Did a Bad Thing. That bass thrum shortly after the beginning of that track is especially pleasing, but I feel like I can tell the drummer is recessed on the stage in that one.

MF got me off the merry-go-round. I've not really searched any other amps, pres or integrateds since getting one. It's just pleasing with whatever speaker I've used. Pairs really well with a Schiit DAC and Polk speakers in my experience.

Beautiful setup you have there, too.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Congrats man, looks sweet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    All looks amazing and surely sounds wonderful.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Nice!!!

I think you're really gonna love it. I imagine your L600s are still getting better and better, and your new M6si is going to control them probably better than anything you've heard yet. This will present as audio improvements like clarity and articulation all around, but easily noticeable in reduced congestion at volume. Sweet, beautiful voices will float, dark background and hanging decaying notes. You may notice improvements in imaging as well, possibly even in depth depending on the material. I notice this in Chris Isaak's Baby Did a Bad Thing. That bass thrum shortly after the beginning of that track is especially pleasing, but I feel like I can tell the drummer is recessed on the stage in that one.

MF got me off the merry-go-round. I've not really searched any other amps, pres or integrateds since getting one. It's just pleasing with whatever speaker I've used. Pairs really well with a Schiit DAC and Polk speakers in my experience.

Beautiful setup you have there, too.

Sweet, beautiful voices will float, dark background and hanging decaying notes.

MF got me off the merry-go-round. I've not really searched any other amps, pres or integrateds since getting one.

So TRUE!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Glad you finally got it!!!

Looking forward to your review once you've had some time with it.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Can't go wrong with MF amplification.

I am now ALL MF with the Tri Vista in one room and the A1008 in the other.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Milito
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Glad you finally got it!!!

Looking forward to your review once you've had some time with it.

Yes, I've been looking to get one since last July. It's been a long wait, but worth it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • oldrocker
    Options
    How's the new toy breaking in?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    MF got me off the merry-go-round. I've not really searched any other amps, pres or integrateds since getting one.

Harry, I bought a MF A3cr as a "spare" amp for when my tube amps went down. I had no intention of using it other than for that purpose. With that said, once it was put in as the main amplifier for the rig? It never left that position. It was the most linear amplifier I had ever heard.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    edited April 2022
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    How's the new toy breaking in?

It's getting better and better. Has plenty of power, more musical, better bass, mid range and clearer highs. The sound stage is also better than my previous Music Hall. It's just a lot more engaging to listen to.

I tried the turntable hooked up to it, but my wife and I both liked the Parasound Zphono hooked up to it better running thru aux2 on the MF. It seemed to have a fuller sound going thru the Parasound Zphono. I was surprised at that. I haven't tried it yet hooked up direct to the phono input with the Ortofon 2M Bronze I just got.

L600's are also sounding better with more hours on them.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Very nice 👍 Nothing like adding a new piece of gear to spice things up. Especially when the end result has you grinning ear to ear. Enjoy!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • oldrocker
    Options
    That's great to hear, glad you are enjoying it B)