Tidal playlist: Bass-Heavy Test Tracks

Options
Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,599
edited February 2022 in Music & Movies
I posted this in another thread, but figured I'd give it it's own topic. Here is a 50 track playlist I made of bass-heavy test tracks: https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/f6a465e3-c78d-4be0-bb43-8eaa5eeac59b

Fair warning on the first couple tracks in the playlist: They are extremely rough and over the top. Don't feel like you have to suffer through each one if you aren't enjoying it, just skip it and go to the next song. Chances are you'll find a bassline or song that you enjoy somewhere in the list.

I hand-selected these out of my collection of tracks because I thought they all had very bassline-centric elements or extremely low frequencies. This is the type of stuff I use when I test a speaker or subwoofer to see what they can really do.

Enjoy and let me know how they sound on your speakers & subs!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Cool man...not done tweaking the HT system with the Legend series. I do have Tidal along with 2-SVS 4000PB subwoofers.

So I will give it a run when I'm ready
    Haven't looked at your list but will soon

TFS

Update...got it in a Tidal folder
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Great list, thanks for putting together
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Lauren Jauregui "Expectations" on that list?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2022
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Can't believe nobody has commented on the tracks. You guys don't like bass?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I likeh de bass
    6bstelqi0v99.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Scott I'm going to need you to start taking this seriously.
  • msg
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I pulled this into Spotify using Soundiiz to convert the playlist, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Listening to this at the moment...
    Praga Khan - Injected With A Poison (Lords of Acid Sinsational Mix (1998))
    https://youtu.be/Ga4lmPCA2H0
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I am!
    I was in the middle of writing a serious post, but I'm on mobile, so it took me 56 times longer.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Nice track! Lets get some Lords of Acid going!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K64SQFa8hHk
  • msg
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Damn, this is pretty sweet on SDAs, actually, no sub. This track plays nicely across the stage, lots of stereo play - sweeps, blasts and decay. Fat bass anchored center.
    jj53afb2v7zi.png
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Good song to play on the first date to see if she's a keeper or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C9XQ0VoEU
  • msg
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I think that Lords of Acid was one of the first albums I heard from that style of electronic back in the early 90s. On cassette!

DFRNT - Dark Spaces from your list is another one with good bass and that droney stereo play. This is the kind of stuff I can listen to over headphones if I'm working on something concentration-heavy at work. Since I work in the information extraction business, it helps drown out the screams, as well.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2022
    Options
    The bassline in that one (DFRNT - Dark Spaces) is pretty brutal! Deep and filthy for sure.

All of these are songs I've found and then purchased in the past, so I guess you could say they're all my favorites.
  • msg
    edited February 2022
    Options
    There's some good stuff in here. Definitely some good bass tracks. I can see why you use some of these. But it's not just bass. Some of these tracks also allow test experience of other audio characteristics, like imaging, decay, and whether speakers or gear will present as bright and crunchy.

You got any favorites?

I like that "In From The Wild" track, too.

If anyone wants to play along and doesn't have Tidal, here's the link to the playlist in Spotify:
    https://spoti.fi/3LJs9r4
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Post trickery. I appear to have answered your question before you asked it.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah some of these just have incredible basslines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOw7HcFQnTY

I feel like every time I play this one at 95db my downstairs neighbor thinks about a plan to cut off my johnson in my sleep.
  • msg
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I need to switch over to Radio Paradise's Mellow Mix for a bit.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2022
    Options
    You keep editing your posts and then my replies don't make sense. lol
  • msg
    Options
    Yeah, I was editing some stuff.
    Yes, this track is one of the earlier ones that jumped out at me. I like this.

Ha, yeah, if they're not in the mood to jam with you...
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yeah some of these just have incredible basslines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOw7HcFQnTY

I feel like every time I play this one at 95db my downstairs neighbor thinks about a plan to cut off my johnson in my sleep.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Haha, yeah, I did that on another post the other day that made it look like @mhardy6647 was agreeing with violence. it was beautifully, if accidentally, executed.
    You keep editing your posts and then my replies don't make sense. lol
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Scott I think we scared everyone away with the Lords of Acid songs! Oh well, their loss.

The playlist is probably too bass-heavy for their delicate sensibilities anyway!
  • msg
    Options
    Yeah, seemed like the forum went silent there for a while. Was it shock? Awe? Disinterest, most likely. It was like a mini-rave in here. Minus the hot chicks and candy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    This isn't music. It's just a bunch of random sounds put together. :open_mouth:
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    Can't believe nobody has commented on the tracks. You guys don't like bass?

I don't like my Bass to have tracks, IF they do they may be hooked on "crankbaits" and you're better off tossing them back.
    Personally I like my Bass fileted and deep fried....
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Scott I think we scared everyone away with the Lords of Acid songs! Oh well, their loss...

That song had literally no bass when played on my smart phone! :p
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp:

"Originally intended to be an “island outside the law” where terrorism suspects could be detained without process and interrogated without restraint. The CIA used music to "break" detainees by use of sound disorientation techniques. The music blared at detainees 24 hours a day. When asked what types of music was selected to break the prisoners, the CIA operative, who refused to be identified by name, said Drew Gagliano's playlist was used."
  • msg
    Options
    LOLOLOL
    Agent Drew, the man who furthered the weaponozation of music for psychological warfare. Also, great grandson of Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore.
    "Now, all I need is a Huey and to tap Doc Hardy for some cheap Altecs..."
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Guantánamo Bay Detention Camp:

"Originally intended to be an “island outside the law” where terrorism suspects could be detained without process and interrogated without restraint. The CIA used music to "break" detainees by use of sound disorientation techniques. The music blared at detainees 24 hours a day. When asked what types of music was selected to break the prisoners, the CIA operative, who refused to be identified by name, said Drew Gagliano's playlist was used."

I actually knew someone (on our side) who was there. They stated that Slipknot, Pantera, Mercyful Fate, Fates Warning and King Diamond was very "influential" for us. The inmates didn't like "the Devil" in their ears...

Little known fact as Doc would say....