Kimber Kable Customer Service

Options
Some of you know that I quickly became a fanboy of KK when I made my first purchase of a pair their 4PR speaker cables in 2021.

I subsequently purchased an additional two pairs of the same, as well as, a pair of 8PR, a pair of 4VS jumpers w/spades, and one pair of Hero interconnects.

I ended up needing to return one pair of 4PR w-spades, 4VS w/spades, and the Hero interconnects which I bought at a significant discount on ebay at KimberKableDirect (seller store name), which is authentically KK used/loaners.

I sent an email to KK, because the spades are too small for all of my bookshelf speakers, and KK has a no return policy on the KKDirect purchases on ebay, but I was hoping to cover the cost of getting updated speaker wire w/SBAN and jumpers w/PM33 connectors.

I pleaded my case that I was willing to take an overall monetary loss if KK honored my request.

Lea called me and thanked me for my email and offer in their favor, but said that they didn’t want to do that…

INSTEAD (!), Lea offered to upgrade the terminals on the jumpers, upgrade the speaker cables from 4PR to 4VS, and include a KK t-shirt to get me as close to what I originally paid as possible.

Companies often speak of wanting to provide better client experiences, but this proved to me that KK actually does it.

Ecstatic is what I am based on this experience. Companies like this deserve praise from their customers.

Kimber Kable, thank you for taking care of your customer and truly exceeding that for which I could reasonably ask.

Loyal Customer,

- Justin -
(jbreezy5)

Photos below:

q28c9nptsngl.jpeg

miq4bodiu3w8.jpeg
CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,983
    Options
    That’s awesome!! Love the shirt. Thanks for sharing your experience..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,687
    Options
    It's some nice swag man. Good to hear the positive experience.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,409
    Options
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,550
    Options
    Big Kimber Kable fan here myself!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,138
    Options
    Ray Kimber is and has been a pillar in the audio world. It was a pleasure to speak with him a couple times at RMAF. He is very approachable cool guy.

He's also very charitable in the audio community. He would donate provide many of the hall entertainment at RMAF like piano players etc. He would also bring his HERO IC making machine each year and have cables tagged RMAF plus the year special additions

Those proceeds would all go to a charity

Glad KK came through for you
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,017
    Options
    Nice to hear of such a great customer service experience. Great companies make it happen. Gee what a concept.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,530
    Options
    Been a Kimber user for many years. Great value, solid product. All of my cabling (sans AC) is Kimber.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Been a Kimber user for many years. Great value, solid product. All of my cabling (sans AC) is Kimber.

What ICs are you using, if you don’t mind me asking?
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,550
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »

What ICs are you using, if you don’t mind me asking?

Steve is a HERO kinda guy… :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 441
    Options
    A quick, parallel story: I was lucky to spend a serendipitous afternoon with Mr. Ray Kimber himself. He approached me about a R2R I had listed on our local classifieds, I ended up delivering the deck to his “man cave” which is an entire building filled with all kinds of fun toys, pinball machines and a huge (I mean huge) library of audio reference books, manuals, industry rags, science books, physics books, music history books, an absolutely fascinating collection.

Ray was extremely cool to chat with - this was during the heart of the lockdown so I think we both were looking for some human interaction. I ended up at the KK shop which is crazy full of all kinds of nerdery. He had me listen to a quad rig of 10’ tall Soundlab electrostatics powered by huge Pass amps fed from welding cables. 😂 Mind blowing imaging. I could have sworn I was sharing the piano bench with Elton John. Awesome.

Best experience I’ve ever had selling vintage gear. Just a fun couple of hours with a great guy who truly is kind and believes in what he’s doing.
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (4x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    Great story @JayMX.