Should i buy thePolk reserve r400 or upgrade the crossover for the polk csi-5 with vr3 mods?

Options
Please let me know.

Answers

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    Gonna need a lot more info to aid in that. Especially what your mains are and what your goal is
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jorge12
    Options
    I have polk rti-12 for the front,polk rti-10 rear and my sub is gsg marty cube 18 inch run by a crown xsl-2502 in mono bridge 1550 watts in 8 ohms.the receiver is harman avr-7300.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,192
    Options
    If you are going to keep the rti-12’s, keep the csi-5 and mod it if you must. Don’t know how much you are going to gain HT wise with a crossover upgrade but trey himself will have to chime in on that one
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jorge12
    Options
    Do you think is going to sound better with the upgrade?I'm going to upgrade the crossovers on the rti-12 later.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    jorge12 wrote: »
    Do you think is going to sound better with the upgrade?I'm going to upgrade the crossovers on the rti-12 later.

The older RTI are low cost decent sounding speakers that have been surpassed by many current speakers out there. Not sure how much of an improvement you are looking to get out of them. Also, what is the upgrade going to cost?

Maybe keep what you have and save up for better LCR speakers in the future?
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • jorge12
    Options
    $400 For the crossover on the polk csi-5 and $750 for the crossover on the rti-12. Or wich speakers you think I should buy?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    edited February 2022
    Options
    This is why you should only start the thread in ONE place!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    $1150 into RTi? :o

Its your money and if you like the RTi that much then go for it.

However.... there's high performing stuff at different price ranges these days. Also, $1200-$2000 can buy some nice speakers on the used market.

Movies, music what are you after in the sound that you are not setting currently? What other speakers have you listened to that you like?

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • jorge12
    Options
    Do you guys think I should sell them and buy different speakers?I was thinking about klipsch rp8000f with the center and 2 rears for a 5.1.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    Do you like sharp things stuck in your ears?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jorge12
    Options
    Do you think is better to upgrade the crossovers with vr3 mods fortress plus for my rti-12 and my polk csi-5?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    That depends, when was your last hearing test?