Stupid is as Stupid does.

Options
I feel sorry for the car driver. By no fault of their own. This will haunt them the rest of their life. Peace. D

https://youtu.be/6XaqfgAl0SU
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Nice way to start the morning. :|
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Well on that note
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    I’m guessing he passed upon impact.. What a moron.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,187
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hard to watch. No sound? Looked like suicide to me. On the other hand, how can you not hear a motorcycle coming from quite a distance? It wasn't a chopper so should've had some maneuverability.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    You really cannot put any of the blame on the car driver here. The closing rate at the speed that motorcycle was going was ridiculous
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Yeah I’m not going to watch that on purpose.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,464
    edited January 2022
    Options
    As a rider who enjoys fun runs on occasion, I have zero sympathy for the rider in this situation. The only thing tragic here is what he put the driver and passenger of the car through.

I initially read the chase on this led to speeds of 130mph and estimated 80mph at collision. Probably shouldn't jump to character judgement conclusions, though. I suppose it's possible the bike he stole had a stuck throttle.
    I disabled signatures.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    The Clubhouse
    A place to relax and talk about your day.

Or, have a chance to watch a video of someone meeting a violent death in a motorcycle crash. Yeah, that's relaxing. :/
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Come on guys that was a perfect double axle triple Salchow, the landing was a little rough.....
  • msg
    Options
    Shoulda had a judges panel there with cards. Those were some speedy cartwheels. A buddy thought he was gonna stick the landing on the roof of a nearby building and complete his escape, thumbing his nose at the cops.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Scott I had to go back and watch closely to see if he was wearing pants or shorts. The g-forces ripped them right off'em. I'm more than surprised they were not dis-intangling him from the overhead wires.

That was insane!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    Had that bike hit the passenger door the occupants of that car would not have survived..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    He gets a point for nailing the overhead street sign.
    ya1afb56v0bi.png
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    edited January 2022
    Options
    One down. Yet, so many to go.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Good modern car. The front doors still opened.

:)
  • F1nut
    Options
    YouTube removed the full length video showing the aftermath. This one is the best I found.
    https://cbsloc.al/3IoqmoZ

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2022
    Options
    ^^ why, was the first one not enough? The man is gone, nothing left to stare at but a corpse.

I gotta admit that street sign up that high is crazy.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    Wow, that is the stuff nightmares are made of. If you want to go out in a blaze of glory, leave the rest of us out of it. People at that intersection will be haunted by the things they saw today.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • msg
    Options
    I don't think they should censor videos like this. People should see what happens when you make poor decisions.

I can't help wondering, though, whether I'm being too harsh and this guy was just a victim of a conspiracy and rushing to save someone, like Warren Beatty in Parallax View, and the car people got in the way.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I doubt you are being too harsh. It is extremely unlikely that this situation is the result of a series of rational well though out decisions. Possible, but extremely unlikely. It is much more likely to be the result of totally irrational fight or flight thoughts combined with a lack of self control.

I am definitely not trying to start an argument about policing, but there are at least two sides to any "chase".
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I,myself, don't give a ....(have to moderate my language)..hoot that this guy moon launched himself and splatted himself all over a building wall.

People in the car okay ?
    They have insurance ? Yes !
    Then it's all good.

"But children in the car will be traumatized !"

Really ? Maybe yours if you hoot and holler and roll around on the ground because YOU act "traumatized"

Me ?
    "You guys okay ? Thank God, that's all that matters.
    Now that guy that hit us is deader than dead because he was driving like an idiot.
    Don't be an idiot"

There's the famous quotation:

""Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee." ― John Donne"

With all due respect,Mr. Donne, there are exceptions to the rule.

Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    That was three miles from my home. Now I know why I could not get to Lowes that day.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Options
    ^^ why, was the first one not enough? The man is gone, nothing left to stare at but a corpse.

I gotta admit that street sign up that high is crazy.

The first one was great, showed the spectacular aerial somersaults.

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    Options
    hqwtvbncaogq.jpeg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.