My wet dream has come true.....

Options
pitdogg2
pitdogg2 Posts: 24,604
edited January 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
I hope every one of these Van Halen make it to market!! Now if we can get the Sammy era as well.

https://mofi.com/collections/new-releases

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    To get all...ouch but at least

Van Halen I
    Diver Down for me
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    After reading that thread title....I thought.....the circus finally made it's way to middle of the state.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I've wanted these and many other on SACD for a LOOOONG time.
    Tool is one other, amongst many others.

Tony the circus is in town every day in my town. From what I read on the news close to you as well.. B)

Click bait Doc and you sir fell in :p
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,936
    edited January 2022
    Options
    HELL YEAH!!!! Fair Warning on SACD!!!! I need a cold shower!!!! I will be ordering the lot!!!

Now if I could get SADE, and TOOL on SACD!!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I've wanted these and many other on SACD for a LOOOONG time.
    Tool is one other, amongst many others.

Tony the circus is in town every day in my town. From what I read on the news close to you as well.. B)

Click bait Doc and you sir fell in :p

:)

I'm kind of like Hobbes the tiger, I guess.

8xh2egxladix.png

(that's the first C&H strip, by the way)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,825
    Options
    Hotel California one step vinyl.....why they insist on 45rpm is beyond me. I hate flipping sides every 10 minutes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    edited January 2022
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    After reading that thread title....I thought.....the circus finally made it's way to middle of the state.

Maybe Ivan likes to....

https://youtu.be/i5txwFv-zYM
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,005
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Hotel California one step vinyl.....why they insist on 45rpm is beyond me.
    Because people will pay twice as much for it.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,066
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Be glad 78s haven't come back in a big way... yet.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    Sweet the Debut and Fair Warning for me.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    HELL YEAH!!!! Fair Warning on SACD!!!! I need a cold shower!!!! I will be ordering the lot!!!
    Right there with you. Just as soon as I don't they'll be sold out and $300 a piece.

SCompRacer wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Maybe Ivan likes to....

https://youtu.be/i5txwFv-zYM

Heck yea Rich. I've been watching them old concert videos, freaking excellent!!

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    There was a rumor about Tool doing their entire catalog on vinyl. Some current releases are either rare and expensive or on yuck sounding picture discs or you have to go bootleg. That never happened & if that's not happening to a market way bigger (vinyl vs SACD) I doubt SACD is ever going to happen.

I'd love to see the #s on how much this VH SACD run is costing vs how many copies sell.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Toolfan66
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    There was a rumor about Tool doing their entire catalog on vinyl. Some current releases are either rare and expensive or on yuck sounding picture discs or you have to go bootleg. That never happened & if that's not happening to a market way bigger (vinyl vs SACD) I doubt SACD is ever going to happen.

I'd love to see the #s on how much this VH SACD run is costing vs how many copies sell.

I would never count on Tool releasing SACD’s, doesn’t mean I don’t want it to happen.. The fact that they are leaving money on the table from vinyl (because all would sell out quickly) just shows they don’t need it or care. But they will sell 700 posters per show for $100-$300 (and they go quick) makes no sense to me at all..

The VH SACD’s will sell out, and so will the vinyl… I myself will buy all of it, but I’m a huge DLR VH Fan..

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Lateralus has an HDCD layer, I think that's the closest we'll ever get 😔
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,669
    Options
    Its funny how different people view these items from MOFI. I buy most all of the one steps and have ALL the upcoming releases on preorder. That is all except VH. I just could not pull the trigger on those.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    Its funny how different people view these items from MOFI. I buy most all of the one steps and have ALL the upcoming releases on preorder. That is all except VH. I just could not pull the trigger on those.

I don't see where you can preorder van halen yet though..
  • tratliff
    edited January 2022
    Options
    [I don't see where you can preorder van halen yet though..

Give Music Direct a call. I currently have 14 One Steps on preorder. Not sure if they handle the SACDs differently than the vinyl.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • pitdogg2
    Options

I don't see where you can preorder van halen yet though..

I just signed up to be notified for all when they went on sale.
    I may call to see if they are allowing pre orders
  • tratliff
    Options
    One thing to be cautious of. If you preorder directly thru Mobile Fidelity they will charge your CC when they take the preorder. Music Direct charges your CC when they ship.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    One thing to be cautious of. If you preorder directly thru Mobile Fidelity they will charge your CC when they take the preorder. Music Direct charges your CC when they ship.

Thanks Todd I just did that at MD :smiley:
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Thanks Todd I just did that at MD :smiley:

I will do the same when I get off work..

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Sweet the Debut and Fair Warning for me.

Awesome! Thanks for the info Ivan. I would have probably missed the opportunity before they sold out.
    I ordered the same as Steve.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    I ordered the full set of SACD’s and my three favorite on vinyl, Debut, WACF, and Fair Warning.. I will probably regret not doing the full set of vinyl down the road, but oh well, that’s a good chunk of change..
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I feel the price will only go up on these. Yes it's not inexpensive but I feel in the long run we saved money.

Ps.
    Knowing my luck next year they'll be selling for $8 each
    🤣
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Dang it their you go again making me spend money.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Dang it their there you go again making me spend money.

I can tell you're distraught over this....So I won't give you grief .
    Next time you see that Italian leprechaun Mario give him grief he made me do it
    :D:D:D

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Mine have shipped today....Entered 1/17/2022 .... :D:D:D

Van Halen - Van Halen (Numbered Hybrid SACD)
    Van Halen - Diver Down (Numbered Hybrid SACD)
    Van Halen - Fair Warning (Numbered Hybrid SACD)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Dang. It took them long enough!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Are you sure about Diver Down, and Fair Warning? I was told only the first Van Halen was released, and that is all that my CC was charged.

For the One Step Vinyl, and the SACD..