Spotify Hi-Fi delayed indefinitely

Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,042
edited January 2022 in Going Digital
https://9to5mac.com/2022/01/09/spotify-hifi-support-still-missing/amp/

Click bait headline, my fault.
We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• Ha! That figures.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Not surprising at this point, but a bummer. I still think Spotify by far has the best UX, curation and discovery of any platform. But I guess I’ll quit holding my breath and check out Tidal’s new CD quality tier.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Geez...why am I not surprised??? At this point, I've already downloaded (paid for) most of my desired albums in HD format, so will avoid the temptation to do a 'trial' subscription to Qobuz.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Well isn’t that a kick in the head?🎼🎵🎶🎵🎼😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I moved on from Tidal a while back and (for me) Quobuz has better sound, easier interface and is just a pleasure to use. At the time of the switch (again, for me), my monthly payment dropped by 5 or 6 bucks. FWIW.

I have read that back in the day, Quobuz didn't have an expansive library and was more focused on Classical music. That's why it got a bad rap from many who didn't primarily listen to classical music. When I switched, I had read more recent reviews that stated that their library had increased substantially. Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference in track selection/album availability between the two other than Tidal may have one version of a rare track/album and Quobuz may have another one. Usually this is the case with live performances. Overall, I'd say the two are similar with selection but that Quobuz has better sound.

Sorry for those that are a fan, but MQA is a joke.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~