HU options

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
so like i've said, i have my new HU installed, i was looking at the manial and it has the option that instead of running the system as front, rear, sub, i can run it so it goes highs, mids, and subs. run the highs and mids to my 4 channel amp, and it would give the same effect as biamping the components, the highs would go the channels 1 and 2, the mids to 3 and 4, you think this would sound better then running it front/rear, and splitting the front signal to the 4 channel and biamping them that way
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Was there a question in there somewhere, or was is just an FYI?
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    austin--yes...just kinda hard to see...
    fairly--yes, i would rather do the 'bi-amping' than run it front and rear
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Ah, I got it. I read his post like this: "you [would] think this would sound better then running it front/rear, and splitting the front signal to the 4 channel and biamping them that way[.]"

instead, I guess he meant it like this: "[Do] you think this would sound better then running it front/rear, and splitting the front signal to the 4 channel and biamping them that way[?]"

My only thing about bi-amping, is that you're only getting half the total amp power compared to bridging the 4 channels to 2 and going through the crossover. Otherwise, I'm all for it.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2004
    well either way i do it, they would be biamped, its just a matter of splitting the front signal, or using high and mid signals seperatly, i was curious as to which you guys think would sound better, or would work better i guess
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    I say bi-amping is always the best way to go. Its a little more expensive in that you need an extra set of wires and cables but it offsets as a 50x4 amp is usually cheaper than a 100x2.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D