LS50 VS L600

I have the LS-50's since the 90's would it be time for an upgrade, would the L600's be a good choice and a big difference in the sound. Running an Onkyo 135 watt per channel amp. Listen at mild levels.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    The L600's will run circles around those LS-50's and leave them in the dust.
  • Thanks for the response, L600 it is.
  • Thanks for your input. Just pulled the trigger: a pair of the L600's, the L400 center channel, and the DSW Pro Sub, hope my 135 watt per channel Onkyo can handle it.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Give them a lot of break-in time. And remember, the better the power the better they will sound. Not saying your Onkyo won’t cut it just saying they get better and better as the power gets better. As well as everything else in the chain
  • Thanks for the reply, will give a review once they are installed
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I have 200 hours on my L800 and they are still breaking in
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Thanks, I wanted the L800's but I prewired the house while it was being built and could not do the cable that connects the two speakers. Very smooth purchasing experience but the over $400 in tax was a little difficult to take.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Avionics86 wrote: »
    Thanks, I wanted the L800's but I prewired the house while it was being built and could not do the cable that connects the two speakers. Very smooth purchasing experience but the over $400 in tax was a little difficult to take.

Uncle Sam needs his pound of flesh...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson