Polk SDA-SRS 2.3TL's

dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,050
edited January 2022 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is my pair of SDA SRS 2.3TL's in excellent condition. I bought these from @nooshinjohn nearly 10 years ago and they have been the main speakers in my system since successfully beating my former set of Polk SRTs for the leading role. These have been fully upgraded as follows:
  • New crossovers featuring Gimpod's boards, Sonicap/Mills components
  • Upgraded binding posts and plates by VR3
  • Larry's rings
  • RDO's
  • All driver baskets Dyamatted
  • Dreadnaught SDA interconnect

The speaker grills and sides are original with some wear, spots and scuffs. They come with the original factory spikes. Serial numbers are: 5355 R and 5349 L.

Price for Polkies is $1750.00 with 100 or more posts.

Local pickup on these, as they are way too big to ship. I am located in San Diego County, California.
____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
Post edited by dpowell on

Comments

• dpowell
    zitttcmkvgcl.jpg
    n8r7d4y41xlw.jpg

____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    oxtwkixxfk40.jpg
    1fin0drdkjbt.jpg
    bg7bmc4sk14j.jpg
    fdy7kaxrsxdj.jpg
    jlvviot7dfh6.jpg
  • dpowell
    edited January 2022
    kc7wegb5cfsu.jpg
    8lzt63c7b5sp.jpg
    knteci28dqnu.jpg
    a6c50nwa7wvf.jpg
    u6v6yq1hdul0.jpg
    ahh7i7tpaya3.jpg
  • dpowell
    Pic of a line on the left side of the left speaker that was there when I purchased. yn767yg1d31i.jpg
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Is the Dreadnaught included in this sale also? If so, which one? Great price either way, GLWTS
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,133
    edited January 2022
    Where is local, in case I'm not the only one who doesn't know?

Nevermind. I see you're in San Diego.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • dpowell
    edited January 2022
    Is the Dreadnaught included in this sale also? If so, which one? Great price either way, GLWTS

The dreadnaught has the 1 kVA Avel-Lindberg transformer and custom box created by @Toolfan66. I put this together during one of the forum group buys sometime in the 2012 timeframe. It uses the Neutrik speakon twist lock connectors as do the new binding post plates on the speakers. I am including the dreadnaught with the speakers.

If the speakers do not sell to a forum member, I might consider selling the dreadnaught separately here and sell the speakers with just the interconnect cable.
    Post edited by dpowell on
  • Great deal on these, especially with all of those mods. They wouldn’t last’s long in my neck of the woods. GLWTS
  • dpowell
    Month-end bump on these.
  • dpowell wrote: »
    Month-end bump on these.

Just sent you a PM!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2022
    Go get ‘em!

Just looking at a pair of 2.3’s makes me want to monkey with my privates
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dpowell
    Hi all, I am giving these an 8 month bump. I honestly have not tried hard to sell them since the last time I let a fully modded set of SDAs (1C) go, I regrettted it later. That said, these really should be enjoyed by someone and I would hate to make them perform surround sound duty ;).

Hopefully they can stay in the family.
  • dpowell
    Christmas bump for these in case someone on the west coast is interested.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Specter7 wrote: »
    Thank you @dpowell. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family yesterday. I can't wait to set these 2.3 TLs up. Also looking forward to listening to the 1.2 TLs next to the Legend L800 if plans work out.

Welcome aboard Specter...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Specter7 wrote: »
    Thank you @dpowell. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful family yesterday. I can't wait to set these 2.3 TLs up. Also looking forward to listening to the 1.2 TLs next to the Legend L800 if plans work out.

Welcome aboard Specter...

@Specter7 Join them...fun to listen to music with like minded people ....Like John said

Welcome to club Polk
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2023
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Congratulations to both!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Hello @Specter7 and please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to Club Polk.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Specter7
    Specter7 Posts: 6
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Welcome to the Club. No yucky gurlz allowed.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Specter7
    Specter7 Posts: 6
    audioluvr wrote: »

Thank you!
  • nooshinjohn
    audioluvr wrote: »
    They let you join…

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I'm not yucky!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus