Wtb LSIM Tweeter

Options
2»

Comments

• ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    Gotcha. Good to know.

I've already designated my next upgrade path to be the LSi series. Probably LSi9 fronts on my RT3000p subwoofer bases, with LSi7 as surrounds.

Just need to wait another 5 or so years for them to be cheap enough lol
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Man, you could start looking now, Chris. You know about HiFi Shark and such, right?

Those LSi9s and even the 7s come up for sale periodically at pretty good prices.

I was always curious about LSi9s, but never got a chance to get a set. I have some LSi7s, and they paired very well with a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated and Velodyne and MartinLogan subs. Definitely one of my favorite setups. I even preferred this combination for 2ch over my well-loved 703s in same configuration.

Synergy - you know it when you got it, and sometimes seems to come in unlikely combinations. I'd written those LSi7s off a few years prior. They just didn't sound very good to me with other gear. They seemed flat, and strained, compressed. And I had to play them at higher volumes to get them moving in order to get any articulation out of them. Otherwise, little body, which made the highs more apparent.

Somehow with the MF integrated, they just came alive at more reasonable listening level, and it's not like the other gear wasn't reasonably well regarded. I used them previously with Parasound and B&K stuff, both in same-brand pre/amp combinations, and also mixing the stages. I've found that to work well at times with those two brands depending on the speaker and/or other pieces in the mix.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Man, you could start looking now, Chris. You know about HiFi Shark and such, right?

Those LSi9s and even the 7s come up for sale periodically at pretty good prices.

I was always curious about LSi9s, but never got a chance to get a set. I have some LSi7s, and they paired very well with a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated and Velodyne and MartinLogan subs. Definitely one of my favorite setups. I even preferred this combination for 2ch over my well-loved 703s in same configuration.

Synergy - you know it when you got it, and sometimes seems to come in unlikely combinations. I'd written those LSi7s off a few years prior. They just didn't sound very good to me with other gear. They seemed flat, and strained, compressed. And I had to play them at higher volumes to get them moving in order to get any articulation out of them. Otherwise, little body, which made the highs more apparent.

Somehow with the MF integrated, they just came alive at more reasonable listening level, and it's not like the other gear wasn't reasonably well regarded. I used them previously with Parasound and B&K stuff, both in same-brand pre/amp combinations, and also mixing the stages. I've found that to work well at times with those two brands depending on the speaker and/or other pieces in the mix.

I would 100% start looking now if I hadn't just arranged a CS1000p purchase and bought my second pair of RT35s (looking for a 3rd) for my 9.2.6 setup LMAO. I'd LOVE to grab a pair of LSi9s right now if I wasn't focused on building an RT series home theatre. I'm pretty happy with what I have anyways, no need to upgrade as of yet though it'll DEFINITELY be my next upgrade path.
  • edubb46
    edubb46 Posts: 17
    edited August 2023
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    I realize that "not" supporting something for an extended period of time keeps money flowing as people purchase new instead of trying to jerry-rig something to keep it running.

Just my $.02...Sorry for the derailment!
    Insightful. Makes sense from a business perspective.
    edubb46