Pangea Audio AC-14XL MkII Power Cable with Cardas Copper

Options
I feel Pangea makes a bang for your buck power cable especially their newer lines made with Cardas Copper conductors. The build quality is great, and definitely much better than any stock cables, and the best part is they don’t cost $$$$.

Now I have never used a cable of that caliber, I just haven’t had big enough balls too spend that much on a power cable. I would like to at least get my ears on a set in my system some day.

But for now I will enjoy these Budweiser cables.. 😁🤣

ie8ibpelf6l4.jpeg

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,187
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Power cable for the subwoofer will be my next upgrade. I already tried a 2m UPOCC 12awg one that a friend brought over (I'm surprised he didn't have a fatal accident here......just kidding) and we were both surprised that my Martin Logan Dynamo with only a 200W amp inside it actually had less bass, meaning it was leaner. What bass we heard was tighter though and I remarked that I think I wanted to boost the gain a little to compensate. I think what happened is it allowed the amp to have tighter control over the driver and there was less distortion, even though what I had was decent sized 14awg standard copper previously.

Pangea doesn't specify how much Cardas Grade One solid (large gauge), 7 Litz (unspecified), and 4N copper solid (medium gauge), as in what is the proportion in cross section of each to the total? They say 14awg total. I like the rectangular profile plugs, especially on the IEC end. My subwoofer will not tolerate a big fat round one like so many seem to have, because the connection faces the floor and I have to use a right angle adapter. Just not much clearance to the plate amp.

https://www.pangeaaudio.com/NEW-PGAC14XL2-2
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    I've used those, I like them. I have also braided my own with 12ga stranded cable with good solid ends. One 12 to each positive and negative the others to ground. I've done both 3 and 5 wire. I did the 5 wire to get more distance between hot and neutral.
    After talking to both Audioquest and Anti-Cable at RMAF and Axpona about their braided cables I felt I could make a decent cable, just not as fancy.

Braiding rejects interference. They work, definitely not a high dollar Cardas, wireworld etc but they work far better than stock.

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    I use a 3 meter pair of the Pangea se9 ac's on my power amps and I'm happy with them except they are miserable to work with due to their ridiculous size. I was set on picking up one more for my new sub until someone on the forum here mentioned these https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/wire/cable/supra-lo-rad-power-cable-cs-us/ I ordered one and am quite pleased with it's performance especially at it's price.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,915
    Options
    I use a 3 meter pair of the Pangea se9 ac's on my power amps and I'm happy with them except they are miserable to work with due to their ridiculous size. I was set on picking up one more for my new sub until someone on the forum here mentioned these https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/wire/cable/supra-lo-rad-power-cable-cs-us/ I ordered one and am quite pleased with it's performance especially at it's price.

I’m actually using the ones above on my power amps, I had to get rid of the stock ones they came with..

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    The lorad should be like a standard all other power cables are judged against. For the dollar it is very very hard to beat.

The pangea is a great cable to, the se9 was just to much for me... Like routing garden hoses
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I’m actually using the ones above on my power amps, I had to get rid of the stock ones they came with..

I never used mine on an amp. I only used it on source stuff and mainly my SACD players
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    The lorad should be like a standard all other power cables are judged against. For the dollar it is very very hard to beat.

The pangea is a great cable to, the se9 was just to much for me... Like routing garden hoses

Agreed on the lorad. In my case when I replaced the stock cord on the sub I also swapped out the sub's interconnects to MIT balanced. The result of those changes was that I had to lower the sub's output by 2db as it was that much louder. I'm not sure if it was the lorad or the new interconnects or both that contributed to that nice upgrade.
    On the se9's I used electric conduit pipe clamps to secure them and thankfully I haven't had to move them since their original install a few years ago. I thought wrestling with MIT music hose speaker wire was tough but the 9's were much worse to work with.
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    Those Supra Lo Rad cables are interesting but I could not find one bit of information about the quality of the copper in the wires or the connectors.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    edited December 2021
    Options
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,187
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thanks. So it looks like the connectors are gold plated brass since they don't specify the conductor, just the plating. The wires are 5N copper, a little under 13awg, tin plated multi stranded which is pretty nice.
    Post edited by Gardenstater on
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS