Hello again. What would you guys recommend?

Options
I am running 2 pair of SDA2. I am looking to add a subwoofer. I would appreciate suggestions on what you guys think would compliment what Ive already got. Powered would be preferable but if passive could you also suggest a amplifier that will compliment the sub suggested?

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    SVS, HSU or Rythmic should have something right up your alley.
  • jacobmeyerammo
    Options
    Are there no Polk models that are considered great?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options

Do a search here. like sound bars they are unreliable in the amp board. The models listed are tried and true and many members have found they integrate very well. Some also have hi level binding post to also help them see the same signal as your speakers.

Yes Polk has some
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    I run a REL S5 and have had excellent results.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,915
    Options
    I’m an SVS fanboy. I would never own another Polk Subwoofer..
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Options
    Another SVS fan here. Tried multiple speaker positions with my SDA SRS 2.3’s but was never satisfied 100% of the time with the overall sound. I knew the 2.3 s had plenty of low end but the dual SVS SB 3000s just added so much more to my listening experience.
  • vader540is
    Options
    SVS, HSU & Rythmik are great options.

If you can increase your budget, you should seriously consider these guys.

JTR
    Power Sound Audio
    Funk Audio
    Deep sea sound
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Velodyne or go home.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vader540is
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Velodyne or go home.

Their new stuff isn't as good as their old stuff IMHO.
  • F1nut
    Options
    vader540is wrote: »
    Velodyne or go home.

Oh really!?! You obviously do not realize that their new stuff is exactly the same or an improved version of the old stuff.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    REL...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • vader540is
    vader540is Posts: 178
    edited January 2022
    Options
    vader540is wrote: »
    Velodyne or go home.

Oh really!?! You obviously do not realize that their new stuff is exactly the same or an improved version of the old stuff.

I could be wrong then.

iIRC the original company in Northern California who started Velodyne sold off the audio portion (subwoofers) to pursue lidar in commercial grade applications.

Then some new company bought the name/rights just recently.

I have owned many many of their subs.

ULD 15, Dls-4000r & DD15+

I loved the servo tech in the ULD15 & DD15+

I may buy one of their new subs.

https://www.velodyneacousticssubwoofer.com/en/

• F1nut
    Options
    David Hall lost interest in his subwoofer company after many years of being the industry leader and became heavily invested in the emerging lidar business. The long time German/European distributor for Velodyne subwoofers struck a deal to buy the company and moved everything to Germany where he has been rebuilding the brand and its dealer networks. The TOTL DD+ models are still the same with other series tweaked/improved.

President of Club Polk

• vader540is
    Options
    David Hall lost interest in his subwoofer company after many years of being the industry leader and became heavily invested in the emerging lidar business. The long time German/European distributor for Velodyne subwoofers struck a deal to buy the company and moved everything to Germany where he has been rebuilding the brand and its dealer networks. The TOTL DD+ models are still the same with other series tweaked/improved.

That is awesome.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options

No
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,915
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Velodyne or go home.

I have looked at the SPL 1200-X to add in my 2 channel a while back, I like the smaller foot print compared to the SVS SB-4000, as I don't have a lot of room to place one with our furniture as well.

This is something I have wanted to play with in my system for a while now, and hauling my SVS's out of the basement would be a major PITA..

Those SVS 3000 Micro's look interesting, I could hide two of those easily, but too small for my speakers IMO!!

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    I bought a used REL T5 years ago and it is still going strong. I had a DSW500 and it bit the dust after a couple of years. My current Epik for HT is still going strong.