An Unpleasant Subject, Teen Suicide

Our community lost a shining star Christmas Eve. She seemingly had everything going for her, yet lost all hope. Passionate runner, band member, academic superstar. Please pray for Melody Bauroth-Sherman and her family.😢

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Terrible news, RIP Melody.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Very sad. Prayers for her family and friends.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Prayers conveyed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Sorry to hear this.

Prayers for her family going their way.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    My wife is a children's therapist and she echoed this is the real epidemic....

https://banned.video/watch?id=61ca1496153b4036f7200ff8
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family.
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Sad to know this is so widespread. I cannot imagine the pain and questions the family and friends are experiencing. :(
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Very widespread. I see this all the time. In an affluent community hospital, it is very common.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Goodness.

So sad.

Prayers to all.
  • PSOVLSK
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Very widespread. I see this all the time. In an affluent community hospital, it is very common.

Teens have enough to worry about without multitudes of social media who you name it they do it. Bullying, body shaming, their never good enough or are too good, too rich, too poor, too white, too black. It's ridiculous!

And it’s 24/7. They never get a break from it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Heartbreaking. God help our young persons through this pandemic.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Bumping this. Talk to your kids. Never thought I'd find myself in this situation. Fortunately, my son's attempt failed. It's a hard road. I'm lost.
  • PSOVLSK
    I haven’t had this exact situation, but I’ve been through some trials with my son. PM me if you’d like to talk. It helps to know others are going/have gone though things as well. Hang in there and show him you love him. Praying for you and your son.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    So sorry to hear Dave
    There needs to be a separation from school, games, and social media. I see 2 generations that have become social introverts

It's a cloud that affects emotions and reality.

We were outdoors as kids, unsheltered, social was person to person, we made mistakes, we hurt ourselves during activity, we were physical and verbal....I mean out loud

There's a sunny side of all of this, and I hope your son finds it.
    <3
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I haven’t had this exact situation, but I’ve been through some trials with my son. PM me if you’d like to talk. It helps to know others are going/have gone though things as well. Hang in there and show him you love him. Praying for you and your son.

Dave reach out to Paul...he's a really good dude. Has spent a lot of time with kids in hos community through sports with his children.

@DaveHo
    @PSOVLSK
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    lack of parenting and social media are major factors. Thank you for bumping this.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    We were outdoors as kids, unsheltered, social was person to person, we made mistakes, we hurt ourselves during activity, we were physical and verbal....I mean out loud
    Very much so. In the summer between the ages of 13 and 17-18 I was up and on my BMX bike from 8ish a.m. to dusk or way past dark as I got older. Scouting and building jumps, tracks riding 15-20+ miles a day, it felt like anyway. We were always with a group of like minded kids doing kid things. When we got hungry we knew where all the fruit trees, grape arbors, gardens etc were at.

I lol'd because I remember running through the neighborhood (not many had fences in the backyards) and we yank out some carrots try to clean them off as best possible and drank from hoses.
  • txcoastal1
    Jeez guys, you guys were 2-legged thieving rabbits
    😂😂😂

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Thinking of you and your son, Dave. You've got a challenging road ahead and I wish you the best as you traverse the path.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    I just saw this, take care Dave, hope your son continues to improve. A lot of us are here for you if need to talk etc. It's great that you're both seeing a counselor.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    @DaveHo It's been about a month, just checking in and hoping you and your family are still moving forward through the healing process. Sending my love and support.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Do whatever you can to keep him away from this place. By any means necessary.

In all seriousness, glad to hear that news, Dave. Long may it continue.

The teen years can be rough. I can't imagine going through it in current times. Too much going on, too much stimulus, too many avenues for careless, harmful criticism and negative influence. Coupled with the perception of time passing more slowly than for older adults - like all you guys - it can make it seem like hard times or negatives will never end.

Keeping thinking good thoughts for you guys.
    I disabled signatures.