Polk magniFI MAXSR- popping and cracking sounds coming from sub-woofer

Options
Recently purchased this system and I am quite pleased. The sub-woofer puts off these cracking and popping sounds while in use. It was getting annoying. Thinking that it may be getting some power surges being plugged into a power strip, I moved the plug to a direct wall outlet. This seemed to helped, but am still getting an occasional pop and and snap.

Any suggestions

Comments

• concededsicko
    Options
    Hey idk if you figured this issue out or not. But I know from my own experience that it could be many things unfortunately. Did you

I'm just assuming this is a home audio system not a car audio system. If I'm incorrect please let me know

-Check your wires to make sure they were connected good also if wires are older replace them

-Also the system might be to overpowered for the sub. Sending more then it can produce. Try tuning the EQ

-It could also be an issue on the board. Such has a blown diode
    . I'm that case I would probably just return it or if you want to install a new diode yourself. If you do use multimeter to test for blown diode

Hope this helps reply and lmk if you fix the issue
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,789
    Options
    FAIL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk