Info on Long HDMI Cables

Options
I need 2 50' cables and hmdi splitters for a work project. Couple of questions because this install will be a pain and I dont want to buy cables that will fail:

1. What is a quality brand for a cable this long - Blue Jeans, Monoprice, others?
2. What gauge is best for long runs - I would assume 24 but perhaps with never cables for his assumption has changed?
3. What is a quality HDMI splitter for the back of a large panel display. The signal will be coming from a Clickshare modem that works with a "puck" that plugs to a laptop or PC....

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    I've seen folks report too many problems with the Monoprice HDMI cables.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I've seen folks report too many problems with the Monoprice HDMI cables.

We used long MP HDMI at work they're junk!

Cables that long you're actually needing a fiber optic HDMI cable.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,329
    Options
    Couldn't you just go from HDMI to ethernet? (I don't know your configuration)

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Couldn't you just go from HDMI to ethernet? (I don't know your configuration)

Tom

The Clickshare module also has an ethernet output.....I guess I need to check if the display has an ethernet input. Would this be a better option than HDMI ? It would eliminate the need for a HDMI splitter.....
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,329
    Options
    You can always switch back. HDMI has its purpose. Ethernet is built for long distances.

If we took a look at a diagram of how you want this configured, it would help us to help you. There are way too many variables without knowing what is is what you want to do and the distances between splitting, TV's/displays and the source.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,931
    Options
    What BLUE JEANS CABLE says on the topic of long run HDMI cables.
    Alea jacta est!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    After looking closer at the Clickshare boxes and actually reading the manual, the only actual output is HDMI, so Im ordering a 40 and 50 ft. run of Blue Jeans cable. For a visual, these are the Clickshare system for wirelessly sending a signal from a laptop/PC/whatever with a USB to the module which connects to a monitor. It is pricey but works extremely well. Just don't loose the "pucks"!
    g9no0arg6e79.jpeg
    en9evmj2vwlx.jpeg
    8oqcwy9a6tqx.jpeg
    ps4kocwzgqmb.jpeg