ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement...

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,135
edited December 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale is my clear audio Goldfinger statement phono cartridge. This cartridge has about 500 hours of use on it and it is in fantastic condition. Included with the sale is the original packing box and materials as well as the owners manual. This cartridge is made out of solid gold and even has a small diamond in the face of it. It is the best sounding cartridge I have ever had the privilege of owning. This cartridge retails at almost $18,000, but can be purchased here for just $3800.00...

hg6uvq89qtcr.jpg
w68n7vtgwoes.jpeg
sjuk8xhr9epk.jpg
824e7n6wpr2i.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,013
    Options
    This cartridge is made out of solid gold and even has a small diamond in the face of it.
    This sounds like @msg Scott's front dental work/grill. Seriously, this is a very cool offering, and GLWTS.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Dayum! That'd be the score of the century for some lucky Polker!

GLWTS!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Dayum! That'd be the score of the century for some lucky Polker!

GLWTS!

Thanks... The turntable, tonearm, phono stage, PS Audio PWD, SweetVinyl SugarCube, and the Oppo UDP205 are soon to follow.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,634
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    This cartridge is made out of solid gold and even has a small diamond in the face of it.
    This sounds like @msg Scott's front dental work/grill.

OMG LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,095
    Options
    PWD in black or silver?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    shoot me a pm Glenn... it is silver...

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Stepping up or stepping out of vinyl?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2021
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    Stepping up or stepping out of vinyl?

For now... out. I simply do not have the time, and having a small fortune in turntable hardware sitting there not being put to use is a waste. I plan on beefing up my digital front end and coming back to vinyl with a smaller table later on.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    Wow
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,117
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,407
    Options
    No can do right now. It's finally time to start the big remodel. Tens of thousands of $$$ gone like the wind brother. Plus, I already spent that much on the NAP less than two months ago. My wallet be snorting while it's laughing so hard...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Is this version one or version two?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    V2...

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,095
    Options
    4th pic down says V2
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,629
    Options
    Joey, you NEED this.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Do it Joey! That's probably the holy grail of deals! Just barely broke in!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Joey_V
    Options
    I have a second Fatboy arm... dang it
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Would be a nice fit @Joey_V ... This will beat the Etna pretty easily.

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,670
    Options
    @nooshinjohn you selling your records?
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    @nooshinjohn you selling your records?
    No...

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    still available...

• Joey_V
    Options
    I hope someone here gets this, this seems to be a stellar cart.

It’s unfortunate because it’s one of those times where my hands are tied. Not a good time for me to spend more money on gear. Otherwise if this were 6 months from now, I’d be all over it.

GLWS
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,634
    Options
    Sell a Bitcoin...
  • Joey_V
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Sell a Bitcoin...

Haha
    A portion
  • DividedSky
    Options
    @nooshinjohn - PM sent
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    bump...

• DividedSky
    Options
    @nooshinjohn - I would love to buy this if you would consider selling to me. I've REALLY been wanting to try a Goldfinger. I know I am a newer member here, but I am a dedicated analog audio nut with a love for both vintage and current gear.
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    DividedSky wrote: »
    @nooshinjohn - I would love to buy this if you would consider selling to me. I've REALLY been wanting to try a Goldfinger. I know I am a newer member here, but I am a dedicated analog audio nut with a love for both vintage and current gear.

I would love to sell it, but being new to the forum means I do not know you (or you me for that matter), and this "for-sale" section relies upon trust. All to often, someone joins to grab a great deal offered to members of this community only to dash off afterwards, and most times these deals go south. There are no protections here for me as a seller other than that trust.

• DividedSky
    DividedSky Posts: 108
    edited December 2021
    Options

I certainly understand your viewpoint there and appreciate the goal of offering something up to regular contributors and long-standing members first. It makes sense.

I have always tended towards lurking before joining and entering the fray on message boards, but when I do that, I'm not adding anything to the community, which is clearly poor form. I hope to contribute more here and on the vandersteen boards moving forward, as I have learned a lot from both forums over the last couple years.

If a period of time passes without a more senior forum member purchasing the Goldfinger and you would consider selling to me, I would be happy to pay prior to shipment via paypal (I would cover PP fees). The trust at that point would be on my side, but your longevity and activity on this forum is sufficient for me in that regard. Feel free to PM me or email me in future if so.

• rebelsoul
    Options
    You could get a hundred comments in a day.
    Just saying