Sda Srs 2 with blade / pin interconnect

Options
Original owner has receipts owners manual original boxes in Mint condition
Asking $900 is this a good price

Answers

• Navy_Goat
    Options
    That depends on how common this sort of thing is in your area. When I lived in San Diego I would not have considered this price to be good. Now that I live in the boonies I would have a very different opinion.

The second hand speaker market is intensely local.

Maybe a good way to look at this would be to ask what other speakers are available in that price range in your area.

Ultimately it depends if they will be worth it to you. No doubt these are great speakers and if you have a decent power amp they could really sing.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,652
    Options
    900 seems a bit high, but they do have the boxes so there's something to be said about that.
    I'm comfortable at no more than 600 tops.
    I agree they're great speakers. I bought my mint 2.3tls for 800 for reference and not many of those in my area. I waited a few years looking for them.
  • Therockit1
    Options
    He would come down to $850 but they are rare in my area and I do have a 400 watt carver to push them
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    Do you have any experience with SDAs? Some folks like it, others do not. I would agree that the price seems a little high to me, but supply and demand in your area have the final say.

If you know that you like the way SDAs sound, This is a great set of speakers. I have a pair of SDA 1C which share everything except the cabinmates with the SRS 2 and I really like my 1Cs. With that said, I would move them on in a heartbeat if I could get my hands on a pair of SRS 2.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Are you comfortable with that?
  • Therockit1
    Options
    I do like the way they sound I currently have a set of monitor 7, 10 and 12 series 2 (not all in the same system) but I’m hard core Polk
  • Therockit1
    Options
    I’m on the fence seems a bit high and my 12 ‘s are singing nicely just have that what if going on
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 605
    Options
    Therockit1 wrote: »
    I do like the way they sound I currently have a set of monitor 7, 10 and 12 series 2 (not all in the same system) but I’m hard core Polk

You've got a ways to go in order to be considered hard core...I've owned over 40 pairs of vintage Polks and I'm still a beginner around here.
  • Navy_Goat
    Options

You have some great stuff there. Sounds like you know what you are getting yourself in to. The price may be a bit high, but they are the also the cheapest SDA SRS 2 for sale in your area. This may boil down to wether or not you are willing to wait for the next pair to be for sale....
  • Therockit1
    Options
    I think you all make great points thank you I’m going to demo them and decide (with cash in hand )
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    I think you all make great points thank you I’m going to demo them and decide (with cash in hand )

That is a prudent way forward. My prediction is you will bring them home. I wish you the best. I did see that FB nation is encouraging you to smash the buy-it-now button, LOL
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,460
    edited December 2021
    Options

There you go! Test each driver by gently pushing in on the passive radiator. They all should move freely with no scratching sound. Then give them a listen. Tons of upgrades you can do to them to improve sound. Also be aware they are quite difficult to resell due to size. Hint: women hate them!

Welcome to Club Polk!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Therockit1
    Options
    ts2e7its8s4r.jpeg
    Yz2imuz81z5d6.jpeg
    You we’re all right I did bring them home and love the way souls stock
  • Therockit1
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • Navy_Goat
    Options
    Congratulations! SDA SRS 2 is the last set of SDAs that I am looking for. I would happily swap my refreshed 1C crossovers in them, move the RD-0194s and sell the 1Cs on to another home. Someday....

They look great sitting next to those Monitor 12s. A little bit jealous over here.
  • Therockit1
    Options
    Thank you sir I really could not be more pleased with how they sound and look and the wife went in on half
    Told I would sell the 12’s and she said don’t they look good together
    She is a keeper !!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    Options
    Remove the 12's, then move the SDA in the pic to where the 12 was if not further away from the rack/side wall.

You want the SDA's 6 to 8 feet apart, 5 to 6 inches off the back wall and at least 3 feet from any side wall.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Therockit1
    Options
    Not enough room yet but hopefully in the future and I’m keeping the 12’s
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,880
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I didn't say get rid of them, I said remove them as in out of the way.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 250GTLusso
    Options
    @F1nut is the oracle on SDA placement. Those numbers are THE standard, and are not to be deviated from.
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Options
    From what I'm seeing, prices for SDA-series speakers are increasing. Slowly for older units, more-quickly for newer/more desirable ones.

I remember SDA-SRS 1.2s going for <$1500 years ago.

I paid $650 for my SRS-2 pin/blades back in...'15. I didn't think that was a fabulous price at the time; but the location coincided with a trip I was making anyway, and a U-Haul I was renting anyway. There's no such thing as "local" SDA speakers for sale; in fact I know of ONE person who owns SDAs and he's 250 miles from where I live. And I've never met him, or seen the speakers, but we have a mutual friend.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Mine were a local 6hr drive
  • Therockit1
    Options
    These were a 20 minute drive I could not find even a scratch on them and the more I listen to them the more I love them
    I will try to space them out more after the holidays
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2021
    Options
    These were a 20 minute drive I could not find even a scratch on them and the more I listen to them the more I love them
    I will try to space them out more after the holidays

Yea do, the sound stage those throw is incredible if given proper placement. A little bit either way sometimes makes a huge difference.
  • Therockit1
    Options
    I don’t know how much more impressed I can be Lol ! All these 60 years never had speakers that sound this nice
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I don’t know how much more impressed I can be Lol ! All these 60 years never had speakers that sound this nice

Oh they can, trust me
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    Enjoy those SDA'S
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Therockit1
    Options
    Is there one upgrade that would make a big difference in these as of now to me they sound great
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,990
    Options
    Listen to what F1Nut said before you do anything else.