I thought Kenny G's sax was made of brass...

Options
mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
edited December 2021 in Music & Movies
but if The New Yorker's review of the new documentary about him is to be believed, it's actually iron[ic]. B)

So, I never thought I'd have any interest in anything about Kenny G... but this review makes this movie sound interesting. :D

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-front-row/listening-to-kenny-g-is-an-ironic-masterpiece

I hold Kenny G responsible for the death of a lovely old silver-faced Sony CDP I found at the dump many years ago. I couldn't resuscitate it. Post-mortem analysis revealed that its final act, the coup de grace, if you will, was to spin a Kenny G album. :(

zench0qzjdrr.jpg

What a horrific fate. :#

PS I wonder if the documentary's director (one "Penny Lane" B) ) will be following this one up with a multi-part, 8-hour extravaganza on Nickleback?

Comments

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I may have told this before, but jazz guitarist Ralph Patt was a coworker many years ago. Another coworker offered to lend lim a couple of Kenny G CDs. His immediate response, “If I died and went to Hell, they’d be playing Kenny G music.”
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    I will take Kenny G over Yanni any day
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I will take Kenny G over Yanni any day

Maybe that'll be Penny Lane's next project.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    No way, dude, Yanni trumps Kenny G.
    No wait, sorry, you're right.
    I was thinking Michael Bolton. Everyone beats Michael Bolton.
    Except The Beatles.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Except The Beatles.

Yeah!
    I mean...
    Hey!
    waitaminute...

;)
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Personal opinions are like butholes!

Carry on 😉
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Except The Beatles.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson