Starter rig...2ch receiver/turntable.

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited November 2021 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
One of my employees is getting into vinyl and she is a GOOD kid. She got a cheapie Crosley all in one thing last year and she is expressing some interest in stereo....

So, I'm trying to get together a little, basic, kit for her ...that she can take off to college next year and so forth.

I've got the speakers and a ton of vinyl.......but I'm looking for a basic 2channel receiver (with phono stage) and a basic turntable.

Not looking to spend a fortune....but basic transportation here.

What ya got??
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    New, used, just tryin' to not get my pee pee whacked. LOL. I got nothing. At 33,000 feet and bored. Carry on. :D
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • TroyD
    Options
    A warranty is of paramount, if unstated, importance....
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    I've got a Carver 900 receiver I can dig out of the closet I can send to you for free. Let me dig it out and hook it up to make sure it still works. Great starter IMHO.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • TroyD
    Options
    Man, that would be AWESOME....
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    PM Sent.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus