Lsi25 Build

Options
Hard to believe this is the first lsi25 I have done! As well as a lsic!

Clarity cap csa
Jantzen mox resistors
Mundorf electrolytic bypass by clarity sa
Jantzen and ersa inductor
Point to point
Delrin substrates

hct1ehwc5q3u.jpg
ehbo7fw469fg.jpg
1judpqn8wny6.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I bet you'd never get those through airport security. Beautiful job!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    Nice and crafty....as usual. Do they need new cabinet mounting locations or drop right in?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,080
    Options
    Thank you! They should drop in the top of the enclosure like the stock ones. That's why I made it three pieces to give it some flex
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Options

Thank you!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Really nice! I've always liked the design/looks of the LSi25.

What is the last photo, the terminal plate? Signal goes through that first before going to the main crossover?
  • VR3
    Options
    The last photo is the lsic crossover. The lsi25 is integrated into the plate Amp faceplate. To you fancy cable users, that means you are getting 4 or 5 ft of generic ofc copper between the terminal plate and crossover ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thank you!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Got it, thanks for the clarification. Nice tidy build as usual, I'm sure the audible improvements will be obvious.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    Options

Sid shipped me a set of LSi9 crossovers he redid for me in cigar boxes at least 10 years ago (pretty sure they were the first LSi crossovers he ever did)......he showed me pictures and I was like "there is no way these arent going to be flagged.....lol The pictures are on this forum somewhere, they look like wires and sticks of dynamite...lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • VR3
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Had to access the old External hard drive to find those pics!

Have come a long way since then but they sounded excellent!

ckutxlyc8u4w.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    Options
    Your kraft has improved tremendously!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    Options
    VR3 wrote: ยป
    Had to access the old External hard drive to find those pics!

Have come a long way since then but they sounded excellent!

ckutxlyc8u4w.jpg

maybe not as pretty but they get the job done...lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites