SDA design/layout poll

Options
I-SIG
I-SIG Posts: 2,238
edited June 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Since we've been 'round 'n 'round about sales, marketing, etc. let's do something a little different and focus only on design and layout.

Wes
Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
Post edited by I-SIG on

Comments

• I-SIG
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Dammit! I posted this in the wrong forum. DOH!

Wes

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by I-SIG
    Dammit! I posted this in the wrong forum. DOH!

Wes

No no no!!! You absolutely posted it in the proper forum!

I wanted to vote full 1.2 baby but I got to thinking the price would be too high for most so I backed down to 1C.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • I-SIG
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks, max.

I voted build it and they will come although I was just about to go vote for the "slim as possible" tower.

Wes

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I think it would be really cool to have the old SRS's, but I would like to see some driven woofers, kinda like the SRT. I know it's gonna cost, but what don't?

Maybe if they set up a small shop and did the semi - custom ordered thing, it wouldn't cost so much as trying to set up a production run...
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited June 2004
    Options
    ....of deja vu.

sda anyway which way you can

-luc
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Right turn Clyde...
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2004
    Options
    ...but patiently waiting for the new SDA-SRS 1.3's to come along. 1.2's with updated drivers, high quality crossovers and gold fiveways. (Been waiting for years already.) The large size is not an issue with me, the SDA working (setup) properly is. Cost isn't a real big issue either, to a point. The original SDA-1's were $2,000 a pair (MSRP) in '82 and the final run of SDA-SRS 1.2tl's went for $3,400 a pair in '90 (MSRP). This many years later one would expect to see an MSRP in the $5,500+ range. I'm game. Just not holding my breath...