Down By the River.....

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
Which version is better......Neil Young or Roy Buchanan?

Which do you like.....
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,057
    Options
    Of the choices given, I prefer Neil Young, but this is my favorite:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2VIEY9-A8
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,050
    Options
    I'll pass on both. Joe Bonamassa's version is my favorite.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Sheeeit, I just pulled out a PussNBoots LP (Norah Jones all-female trio) and I noticed they do Down By The River. I’m going to throw it on.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Neil Young
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    As much as I enjoy Roy Buchanan Neil Young by a mile.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,184
    edited December 2021
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Sheeeit, I just pulled out a PussNBoots LP (Norah Jones all-female trio) and I noticed they do Down By The River. I’m going to throw it on.

Thanks for reminding me and I had to play it. They are pretty good. Saw them do this live on the 2nd night at Maplewoodstock 2014; annual free music festival at the next town over from me........cancelled last 2 years. Thanks COVID!

https://maplewoodstock.com/archive-2014/
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • DividedSky
    Options
    Neil Young for me.
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • mark090852
    Options
    It's Neil's song all the way.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I was just listening to Dire Straits Down by the Waterline. Somehow confused this for….
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I was just listening to Dire Straits Down by to the Waterline. Somehow confused this for….

And a marvelous song it is -- good choice.
    Imagine that it's (still) 1978 and (ignoring Sultans of Swing) your first experience with Dire Straits is to cue up their eponymous, first album and hear that soft, atmaspheric opening of Down to the Waterline. Just a mammoth breath of fresh air compared to every other pop/rock/disco/new wave trend of the day.

I hope you followed up with Water of Love while you were at it. :)
    (although I think my very favorite track from their first album is Wild West End)

OK back to... whatever. ;)

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    tratliff wrote: »
    I was just listening to Dire Straits Down by to the Waterline. Somehow confused this for….

And a marvelous song it is -- good choice.
    Imagine that it's (still) 1978 and (ignoring Sultans of Swing) your first experience with Dire Straits is to cue up their eponymous, first album and hear that soft, atmaspheric opening of Down to the Waterline. Just a mammoth breath of fresh air compared to every other pop/rock/disco/new wave trend of the day.

I hope you followed up with Water of Love while you were at it. :)
    (although I think my very favorite track from their first album is Wild West End)

OK back to... whatever. ;)

I agree. Thanks for the name correction.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Somehow I managed to misspell atmospheric, then "correct" it by misspelling it again, a different way.
    I musta been thinkin' about Ralph Karsten the second time.

44ihl33kvila.png
    http://www.atma-sphere.com/en/index.html

Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints -- I'm tellin' ya...

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    Neil Young above all but Gov't Mule does a helluva cover of it.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Mike215
    Options
    I prefer Neil Young