New Riding Mower for California

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,792
The idiots in California will be banning all small gas powered engines soon. This will be their new riding mower.
6qkr84i18qia.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    tpxmdr0rgter.jpg

Ha Ha to funny I'm told that gas powered weed eaters are included this will be popular for those that hate the battery powered ones that wont get you through your whole yard before you have to charge it again.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Isn't this what goats are for?
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »

That depends on where you are from. In some areas, goats have a completely different purpose. Sorry, I can't go into more detail.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Unless it starts raining, and rains a lot, we will be in Arizona mode, and have yards of rocks. I don’t really care for cutting the grass so rock yards are a good thing.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »

Not according to some groups. 🙄🥴
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Unless it starts raining, and rains a lot, we will be in Arizona mode, and have yards of rocks. I don’t really care for cutting the grass so rock yards are a good thing.
    You would rather smoke your grass... :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,312
    Options
    Coming soon to a California town toward you....the ultimate lawn mowing machine. ZERO emissions.
    whjj90na6hys.png
    Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,337
    Options
    The best part is that you don't have to rake the clippings.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    skrol wrote: »
    The best part is that you don't have to rake the clippings.

I heard a rabbi say that once.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    The big issue is landscapers and farmers.
    Construction may also feel some pain.
    This is going national at some point.
    Some big companies embracing the change as an
    Oppertuninity to sell a lot of new stuff.
    Ford is building the new electric f150 just east of Memphis.
    I'm pretty sure somebody in the lawn care market is about
    to cash in big time. Let's hope at least a few of them do
    It domestically. That would be just about the only big
    positive thing to come about from this.
    I plan on milking the life out of my gas cars and mower until
    The dust settles. Let's hope it goes smoother than the conversion
    to lower water usage washing machines. I went through a bunch
    Of those to find one that lasted more than a week.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Just another grand idea that is more practical in thought than reality.

Lets see now...we'll ban all those nasty gas powered lawn equipment...you know, to save the planet and all, but in the mean time we'll let dozens of huge cargo ships sit out there idling away polluting the air, and that's ok.

I can't wait until those landscapers and construction companies start charging a lot more to get things done. Policy, especially bad policies, has consequences.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,181
    Options
    Fortunately for them, at least for the time being, the *ban* is just on the sale of gas powered ones. Not clear if it affects sale of used equipment though. I seriously doubt the electric ones are at all suitable for contractors let alone farmers. So, they will just keep buying equipment out of state if necessary, and repairing what they have.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    Does this ban include chainsaws as well? Can't imagine cutting a big tree with an electric powered chainsaw. More feel good BS.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Kind of makes you wonder who's cashing in. I mean, almost everything boils down to money. "Saving the planet" is no different...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    It's 25hp or less, so yes it would effect chainsaws. It would also effect the hand held gas saw used in construction, especially cutting rebar building/repairing highways.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    Portable generators are definently on the list. That's a must have for road and building construction.
    People that don't work in the real world have no idea how stuff works.
    Looks like the only way they can learn is from massive failures.
    Let's hope it happens fast and hard, or this stuff will happen everywhere.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Gardenstater
    Options
    I do recall reading that they have a CYA clause in there, in the respect that it doesn't take effect until Jan 2022 or it is *feasible*, whichever comes LATER.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • F1nut
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Portable generators are definently on the list. That's a must have for road and building construction.
    People that don't work in the real world have no idea how stuff works.
    Looks like the only way they can learn is from massive failures.
    Let's hope it happens fast and hard, or this stuff will happen everywhere.

It's ok, they'll use electric powered portable generators.......

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    I see a sudden increase in the stated HP by the manufacturers of mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, etc.

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    edited October 2021
    Options
    25hp+ mowers are commercial 54"+ deck. They will likely offer 42" decks in a 26hp mower

I wish I had a deck that big

The utility trimmers, blowers, tools etc will not be included
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I see a sudden increase in the stated HP by the manufacturers of mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, etc.

My new lawnmower is by Shelby😉
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    ybksi5jb2bua.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Gotta go Binford...

on84djwt4mmj.png

• F1nut
    Options
    The term delusional comes to mind.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    No wonder yall are flooding TX, CO, AZ, UT, NV area.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    Options
    Let's see, California is at the bottom nationally in terms of road conditions, traffic, student-teacher ratio, homelessness, housing affordability, crime, wildfires, energy prices, and prison overcrowding. You know, things that don't matter.

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    No wonder yall are flooding TX, CO, AZ, UT, NV area.

I just wish they’d stop bringing California with them - you can’t bring there to here, without here becoming there.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Gardenstater
    Options
    anonymouse wrote: »

"Electric mowers don't totally eliminate pollution, however emissions from the electric industry are more regulated and are not in your backyard."

Oh how quickly we stray from the global concept when it doesn't quite fit the narrative.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    Ok. So at this point the winning move is the San Diego pebble yard.
    Low maintenance and no water. Water is a much bigger issue
    In the state than emmissions. I don't see them dealing with that.
    The real problem is too many people. But I don't think Americans
    Are ready to deal with that. You can't double the population in
    The state over the last 50 years without big issues. Almost everybody
    Lives in a very small portion of the state, Big urban areas have
    big urban issues.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    So does technology, and availability