ONE WEEK TO POLKFEST

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited October 2021 in The Clubhouse
Ok kids.....we are in the home stretch.

I'm REALLY hoping for a good turnout.....got a lot of fence sitters!

So, here is how things are shaping up.....

On the audio side of it......

This is going to be a good Legend series demo. Sid is bringing his L800's. Polk Audio is graciously providing a pair of L200's and R200's to do a comparison of.....will also have an unmolested pair of CRS+'s (circa 1986) so we can do a Polk past and present thing....the electronics on this will be a Jolida CD player (modded to the hilt by F1Nut), Adcom GFP preamp and Sunfire amp.

Vintage Bozak Concert Grands. Sid is building a new set of crossovers so we'll get to see, in real time, some new life being breathed into these 50 year old monsters. This rig will be powered by Conrad Johnson. Oppo universal playa, tricked out Rega P6, Cambridge streamer/DAC

The Shane Mann Memorial Auditorium has the Carver Amazing Platinum MkIV's powered by Musical Fidelity. A1008 integrated (lower powered version of the KW). Modwright tube SACD player and VPI Scoutmaster. I'm REALLY proud of this rig. I think it sounds, well, AMAZING. I've heard Carvers sound great and I've heard them sound ****....I think this is the former. George Grand's rig was "The Truth". I think this rig does good credit to "The Truth"

The L200's and the R200's will be raffled off to support the Githens Center and the Multiple Myeloma Research Center.......having fun AND doing good. How about that?

FOOD:

So, Friday night.....folks are welcome to come over for a pregame. I'm thinking steaks on the grill, perhaps Prime Rib if I get super ambitious. Maybe some grilled brats or something of that nature.

Saturday: Frogmore Stew/Lowcountry Boil (shrimp, sausage, corn, potatoes). Shrimp and Grits. South Carolina staple food. Not a seafood person? No worries. BBQ. Pulled pork and Brisket. Homemade potato salad.....and all the trimmings.

We will also have plenty of beverages....adult and soft. I've got a decent collection of Scotch. Make great martinis...beer and wine.

Spouse friendly event. Bring your significant other......it's a social event, after all.

Polkfest is a great event, I promise. Memories and laughs that last a lifetime. It's well worth the trip, I assure you.......AND if anyone is coming down coming the east coast and is willing to pick up a passenger, let me know.

Let's get ready to FEST!!!
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Damn, Troy, you really are hosting an epic event. Not able to make it from the west coast but for anyone on the fence, first-hand experience of PF 2012 was great. Met many Polkies, to include Mr. Grand, but never met Paul DiComo. To honor both I'd like to contribute to the fundraising efforts for the Githens and Multiple Myeloma Research Centers. Not looking to get in on the giveaways but any chance you'd be comfortable accepting long distance donations to sweeten the pot? I'd love to send a few bones via PP.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • TroyD
    Options
    Absolutely man! I am totally fine with that!!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Cool. Please PM PP vitals.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
  • TroyD
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Getting ready for next weekend….and found two unopened shirts from the last PolkFest here….jeeze, I need to go through my closets more often…..

6u9fclrs1o6k.jpeg