Live Music??

Options
So who all has gone back to seeing live music again? I have three lined up for next year..

TOOL
DUA LIPA
GOOGOO DOLLS

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Just went to see Luke Bryan last night. It was nice to be able to do that again
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Have nearly a dozen shows lined up in the next 6 months. If I didn't catch anything at last weekend's Korn show, I feel pretty confident I'll be good. The cig, weed, vape cloud was so thick it was suffocating at times.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Just went to see Luke Bryan last night. It was nice to be able to do that again

Luke is a fun show, took my daughter a few years ago, it was a lot of fun. Lots and lots of eye candy everywhere!!!

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    edited October 2021
    Options
    We're s'posed to see the Wailin Jennys later this fall (show that was cancelled last year) -- if they're allowed to cross the border from Canadia to Amurrica.

Another 'casualty' of 2020: We had second-row seats at one of our favorite "local" venues to see Bruce Cockburn, but that show was a fairly early casualty of COVID-19 closures (and wasn't rescheduled).

We have been to identically one "live event" since... well, you know: Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me at Tanglewood (Lenox, MA) in late August. It was dandy, although the evening was warm & humid (not the usual state of affairs in Western MA that late in the summer). We missed a chance to see Richard Thompson at the opera house nearest to us (in Lebanon, NH) at the same time because we already had the Wait, Wait tickets. :( It'd've been nice to see both. :|

• HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    Went to the Garbage/Alanis Morissette show at the pnc amphitheater in Charlotte back in August and the Blue Ridge Rock music festival in Danville VA last month. No other shows current planed but that can change at any time!
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Saw Slipknot/ Killswitch Engage Tuesday. Next up is Gojira Monday a week, then 2 BLS shows 4 days apart. KWS & Buddy Guy in November, then a break until February. Haven't been to this many shows in a long time. Having a blast especially since my oldest (16) is into the same music I am!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Saw Styx and REO a few weeks ago at our local fair. Great show, fun seeing live shows again.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Got tickets for Tool March 17th they canceled a year and a half ago so looking forward to this one.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Some band called 'The Rolling Stones' passed through here in Nashville last weekend. I honestly had no interest in going. Call me a fuddy-duddy, but big concerts don't appeal to me anymore.

Parking, crowds, bad acoustics/mixing, and having to stand on hard concrete for multiple hours is just not appealing to me. Plus, I'd rather save my eardrums from all that SPL abuse.

Having said that, a small venue with a singer/songwriter vibe sounds nice.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    Went to the Garbage/Alanis Morissette show at the pnc amphitheater in Charlotte back in August and the Blue Ridge Rock music festival in Danville VA last month. No other shows current planed but that can change at any time!

Ha, I just moved a couple weeks ago, but I lived about half a mile south of the festival entrance, right off 29. Traffic was a mfer for me trying to get home from work on Thursday and Friday. Did you have a good time?
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Options
    I'm seeing protomartyr next month, either in Davenport, Iowa or Detroit. Or hopefully both!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 725
    Options
    dr1978 wrote: »
    HzTweaker wrote: »

Ha, I just moved a couple weeks ago, but I lived about half a mile south of the festival entrance, right off 29. Traffic was a mfer for me trying to get home from work on Thursday and Friday. Did you have a good time?

Traffic was a nightmare! I think it had a lot to do with the event being held at that venue for the first time. I'm sure they'll have it all figured out by the next event. We had an absolute blast! I'll definitely go again. I would like stay in a camper(with a proper bathroom) next time. I think it would be way more convent not having to drive back and forth from a hotel and dealing with all that traffic.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Just saw Bob Dylan’s first show in two years on Tuesday night in Milwaukee. Totally sold out, line extended down the block around the back, way way back along the River, longest line I’ve ever seen at a concert. Unbelievable show, sizzling energy from crowd, new band, new setlist, new show. Had a 5th row aisle seat, right in front of The Great One. I gave away some Steve Earle tickets the week before, just wasn’t jazzed about driving two hours. But I’m so glad I went to see Dylan.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    We've seen a bunch of shows....Shawn Mullins, Alabama, Blake Shelton and got a few more lined up . Music is meant to be heard live!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut