Polk L100

Options
Nice speaks!! I just couldn’t justify the extra $$ to get the L200’s. Especially where I planned to put them.

vphdlxisauux.jpeg

Da woof:
tqv90sh42d74.jpeg

Sneaker peeker of the x-over:
5mq1cuq1vdqx.jpeg

Stuffed pretty well with two sheets. One to the back where the port is and the other up around the tweet.

Sounds is very good. Flattened the tone controls out and backed the odd Yamaha loudness control down two notches.

Yammy tone controls on this and other of their amps of this vintage don’t add to base/treble but instead drop the midrange out.
Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• charpyjoec25
    Options
    Nice bracing in there. Any fill? Mine are coming in 3 days. Can't wait!!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Mine are coming in 3 weeks! 😝

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited March 24
    Options
    Nice bracing in there. Any fill? Mine are coming in 3 days. Can't wait!!

Yet, you wrote this 17 minutes after you wrote the above.
    I have them connected to my Cambridge cxa81 with an extremely revealing and neutral smsl d6 dac, and I find the bass to be so clear and pleasing. It hits with great muscle for a five and a quarter driver. Double bass on well produced tracks sound very full and have a nice punch. I have a small 8" subwoofer with dsp but didn't find much need for it. And I am far from adverse to bass. I love it in spades and for me and my setup, the L100's deliver quite nicely. I managed to get my pair at an extreme discount, but if I had paid full retail, I wouldn't have had a second thought about it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited March 25
    Options
    You mean you don't know how your gear sounds before it arrives?

Rookie
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    edited March 25
    Options
    Not everyone hooks their new speakers up to the car stereo for the 12hr journey home. I do, but not everyone does.

Edit: and the guy with the SDA 1.2TLs in the RV. He does too.
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,684
    Options
    BOAB?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.