Fair selling price for SDA-SRA & RSDAI speakers

Options
My husband, Jim, recently passed away sudden and unexpected. He loved all of his audiophiles items especially his Polk Speakers. I am trying to sell his speakers and had several people asking me for price. I know that Jim overpaid for these speakers since he always wanted to have them ever since the 80s. What would be a fair asking p rice for a set of SDA-SRS 1280 and a set of RSDAI 9654? Thank you.

Best Answer

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Was Jim a forum member we may have known? Sorry for your loss.

The price range for the SDA-SRS speakers can vary quite a bit depending on the model. I'm not sure what 1280 refers to. The largest models are SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2, and SDA-SRS 1.2TL and superficially all look the same. Forum members can help identify with more details.

Price can vary a lot depending on where one is located and on the condition and what someone is willing to pay. They could just sit unsold at $800 or sell quickly at $2000. Depends largely on if someone is looking for a pair locally and really wants them or not.

Answers

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.
    Pictures of what you have would be helpful.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    edited September 2021
    Options
    1280 is more than likely the serial number.

RSDAI 9654
    And maybe rear SDA little surrounds 9654 being serial number.

Or left and right ??
  • JimsMusic
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »

The price range for the SDA-SRS speakers can vary quite a bit depending on the model. I'm not sure what 1280 refers to. The largest models are SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2, and SDA-SRS 1.2TL and superficially all look the same. Forum members can help identify with more details.

Price can vary a lot depending on where one is located and on the condition and what someone is willing to pay. They could just sit unsold at $800 or sell quickly at $2000. Depends largely on if someone is looking for a pair locally and really wants them or not.

Hello - Yes, I believe Jim was a forum member since he loved his Polk speakers. He got the largest model SDA-SRS last year and was so excited since he always wanted them since they first came out in the 80s. However, I believe he paid that guy way too much! I have been told that the average asking/selling price for the speakers is $1800-2000. And yes, I was told the same you said in regards to the demand i.e. if someone really wants them.
  • JimsMusic
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    1280 is more than likely the serial number.

RSDAI 9654
    And maybe rear SDA little surrounds 9654 being serial number.

Or left and right ??

Hello - the serial number for the large pair is SDA-SRS 1280 and the next size down is R SDA 1 9654. And yes, they say something about left and right channel. However, so far I was only able to get behind the right channels. My husband audiophiles room is literally packed to the max and barely able to get around. I am sure you can imagine what it sounds like when he plays the music!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Perfect sense!

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    JimsMusic wrote: »
    Emlyn wrote: »

Hello - Yes, I believe Jim was a forum member since he loved his Polk speakers. He got the largest model SDA-SRS last year and was so excited since he always wanted them since they first came out in the 80s. However, I believe he paid that guy way too much! I have been told that the average asking/selling price for the speakers is $1800-2000. And yes, I was told the same you said in regards to the demand i.e. if someone really wants them.

The average selling price for the SDA SRS model is about half of what you've been told. You can search places like eBay or US Audio Mart for completed sale prices.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rebelsoul
    Options
    Unmodified blade to blade good to mint cond ,$1,400 pin to blade $1609