I got my 2 Legend 600's and a L400 in this afternoon.

Options
Milito
Milito Posts: 1,914
Not a long review, but first impressions.

They have plenty of bass, fuller mid range and the tweeter is a nice improvement. I don't think I'll miss the sub much. They also feel the room with sound much better than 705's and 704. The sound stage is bigger. You can see the kitchen area below which is more wide open that our other house which I feel the 705's had some issues with.

The L400 is big, she wasn't too happy about that, but does like the sound improvement.

Looking forward to getting them broken in and yes they are staying.

25s51bi25iwq.jpg
1vkhlw6mq437.jpg
mb0oto89nlcx.jpg
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Congrats, looking good!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    And impressed you got them setup already!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    edited September 2021
    Options
    And I like that they work good for that space.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I had a pair of 705's but, ultimately, while nice, didn't do it for me and I gave them to my sister. She's thrilled to death with them.

From my brief time w/the L200's during the forum demo, I believe the Legend sound signature is exactly as you describe and was floored by the bass they were capable of. The L600's should be superb and yes, have to agree w/your wife, the L400 is a big mo-fo. I liked the looks of the 705's but think the L600's and 400 look really nice in your setup.

Was very impressed w/the L200's but am an SDA addict, so ordered the L800's. Unfortunately, my 2 channel rig/amp is fully balanced and not 100% compatible w/the 800's. As a result, they'll become my HT speakers and should replace my 3.1tl's.

Looking forward your impressions moving forward. Congrats and happy listening.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Nce!! I keep thinking I should have picked up the L600. Not too many reviews on them.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Nice! Looking good!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Nice! That's the combo I would have went for. The L400 just seems like it delivers the goods.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Anxiously awaiting your detailed review. These are on my radar as I'm ready to experiment with something new. I can't justify the L800's because of size and frankly the cost. I have the cash, but that's a lot of $$$ for a speaker (the L800) and I already have SDA's.

It's been a long time since I've had a "conventional" speaker in the mix. I would be keeping my 1C's and perhaps occasionally swapping in and out with the L600.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!