Imagers

ntculenuff
ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Well my Imagers arrived yesterday and today i am going to place them on the toys..got all day to play the wife is at work so play my friend play:D
Speakers:
Definitive BP7001sc mains
Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
Polk RT800i's rears
Definitive supercube I Sub
Audio:
Onkyo TX-NR3010
Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
Video:
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
Directv x's 2
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2002
    just put my imagers on and you can really hear the diff..had to do the test put one on 1 speaker and listen to the pink noise back and forth with//with out. with them on your tweet seems more direct..i left the pink noise on when i did my center i just held the imager in place and removed it (did this a few times for fun) and could hear the diff.. have to modify the grills a little on my RT10's the wood on the top part comes way down going to have to do a little carving to slot around the imager..but that is OK

i found it easier to put them on by leaving the middle in and only taking the backing off the ring, this way they hold their shape while positioning them around the tweeter;)
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited January 2002
    look like i am going to have to buy these things... anyone else get theirs? i know there was a buying spree on here like 3 weeks ago...:D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2002
    I got mine on Friday. Kind of cheap. They are making a good little profit on these. Zip lock baggy and 2x3 copy of directions. I put them on with no problem. That was a good suggestion of leaving the middles in when applying them to keep there shape but you but really can't see if you are placing it evenly over the tweeter that way. They look pretty good on rt1000's, no problem with the grills either.
    There is a diff. but not anything huge.
    The sound of the tweeters have much more direct imaging. Even had to turn the treble setting down a little. Movie dialog seems to be a bit improved (clearer). I would only use these on your front stage though. I have to do some more listening but so far they seem to be a good tweek. I have been busy this weekend.
    Also you can use the centers for equipment feety pads. They are good shock absorbers.:D