Spontaneous Human Combustion? A double recliner for "free" on my FBM Place.

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    Looks like the person that was sitting there fell to sleep and was having a dream they were eating a giant candy bar.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    Body "funk" maybe? :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    that person either had one really thick wallet, or one really thick cheek.
    or just bad balance.
    I disabled signatures.
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 646
    Faux leather, you get what you pay for...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    What you got against fauxes?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,284
    Hmmmmmmm .... taps finger...... Nope nope not gonna......Not.....gonna
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,606
    msg wrote: »
    What you got against fauxes?

99tgstfoquxp.png

fauxes!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    edited August 2021
    I might be looking at getting a reclining chair or loveseat in the nearish future. Do you really have to spend several grand to get something decent? What about like a $1k-1,500 La-Z-Boy? Any furniture forums where people know about this stuff basically say that price range is trash and you need to spend $5k on a couch.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,284
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I might be looking at getting a reclining chair or loveseat in the nearish future. Do you really have to spend several grand to get something decent? What about like a $1k-1,500 La-Z-Boy? Any furniture forums where people know about this stuff basically say that price range is trash and you need to spend $5k on a couch.

By used best you can.

I've sat in some folks dream furniture they spent a boat load of cash on and it SUCKED was not comfortable in the least.
  • Nightfall wrote: »

I bought a Lazy Boy off of Craigslist for $500.
    Nice to look at but the problem was that the ad didn't mention that he couldn't speak English.
    The sale was "As Is" so I was just forced to drop him off in front of a Home Depot.
    I think he'll be okay.

Sal Palooza
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,124
    Perhaps their body pH was rather acidic.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,233
    Looks like either married, and that was
    A:"your sleeping on the couch" chair,
    B: divorced,
    C: fatasscheeto eating pothead...or
    D: All of the above
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    edited August 2021
    I went to the La-z-boy store and checked out some reclining chairs & loveseats. Rarely have company, kind of leaning towards a nice chair. Without flipping them over to look at the guts they all seemed a little samey down to the leather (probably fake? Bonded?) materials whether $1k or $3k. Some manual some electric. I might just go check American Furniture Warehouse too before I decide.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    As quality furniture goes the lower the price the faster the batting wears out which causes cushions to sag. Eventually making you sit on springs and support bars. La-Z-Boy usually uses a higher grade of foam batting. Made the mistake of buying an Ashley sofa because it has the double recliners (basically making the whole sofa one giant recliner) After 2 years it's shot. Have an old LZB love seat that's 20+ years old in the LR that is still in great shape.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus