single mm1240dvc. enclosure

Options
Hello. I am trying to figure out if polk has a set of specific dimensions for an eclosure for a single mm1240dvc. Which will be wired up to present a 2ohm load at the amp. And powered with (from amp specs on mfg documentation) 400w rms at 2ohm. From the amp.

I was also wondering if polk or anyone has input regarding the enclosure type and which one if applicable which would be the most appropriate type between

Sealed
Or
single reflex 4th order bandpass (sealed behind sub and front is enclosed and has vent.)

And then shape of sealed box.
regular square/rectangle.
Or. Trapezoid-ish. (Subwoofer mounting surface is only angled surface rest are all at 90 degree angles

Also. Is the 0.88 cu ft for sealed enclosure. Is that accurate or should the enclosure be a tad bigger

Vehicle: 2002 infiniti g20
Sub will be in trunk

Subwoofer: 1, 12inch polk mobile monitor model mm1240dvc

Amplifier: mb quart formula series fx1.400
(Ab class mono amplifier
200x1w rms @4ohms
400x1w rms @2ohms. )

Any info, insight etc. Is much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,500
    Options
    I would recommend sending an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com he's an experienced car audio installer and did much of the subwoofer modeling for those woofers.
  • jtkc
    jtkc Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you for the reply, i emialed him.

i was for a long while at a loss as to why i could not find the web page, toolbox/subboxplans.
    as it states to go to in my owners/user manual.

and then a few weeks ago, i realised that POLK audio was sold off, and now some multi comglomorite holdings company, bought it.

explains why the MM1 or the 2nd generation of the Mobile Monitor Series Subwofers, from what ive come to understand, as ive not heard them. However, from reviews, paper specs, and apparently low sales of the mm1 or the "%%42" part number series, it seems the new owners, tried and FAILED. Sadly this is par for course of all the car audio companies that got bought up by i think 1 of 3 of these Big holdings global Corporations (voxglobal (or know as audiovox, maxxis sound (i think thats owned by a bigger companywhich is competition of vox, ) and i elieve one more that the name i cant think of at moment. They buy a company, that makes an amazing set of products, andddd totally ruin the products. in thinking they can make just as good product, or make a sub par product, for x amount of time, off the brand reputation, and ill stop )

basically im coming to the theory that when the new owners revamped the website to their liking, they ixnayed the toolbox/subboxpalns section either due to the details and propriatery copyrights etc yada yada bs in the purchase details, or they just decided to erase it, becuase it was before their ownership of it and figured who needs it, etc, and the typical erogant short sighted, and other negative based attributes that typically come along with big corporations, etc.

back to my original purpose,

i wanted to say that just a few hours ago, i had an aha moment and typed this into (the input field of yer preferred search engine)

web archive - polkaudio.com/car/toolbox/subboxplans

and thank the techies for creating WAYBACK WEB ARCHIVES i found it!!!! wayback machine. for the win

the original support section of the Original support pages, and thus found the info id been searching for, ive tried contacting via email the tech people via contact info etc over the past year, and all i get is a thoughtless, repsonse that includes what looks like an actve valid hyper link, but upon clicking it you end up at the support search input page, and upon tryign to search their archive they dont have the info for any mm 40 series speakers, of any kind, anywhere just gives you a nothing found, like they dont exist,

again thank you for the replay and assistance much apprecated!

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    You're welcome.