Replacement grills for a Monitor 10a pair

Options
Picked these up for $125 with the 10b crossovers, but the grills are a little worse for wear. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    Options
    It's doubtful you'll find replacement grilles. Usually the best option is to replace the grille cloth by removing the old cloth from the frame and re-attaching new cloth. There are plenty of sources for replacement grille cloth on the 'net.
  • bruceearl
    bruceearl Posts: 2
    Options
    It's doubtful you'll find replacement grilles. Usually the best option is to replace the grille cloth by removing the old cloth from the frame and re-attaching new cloth. There are plenty of sources for replacement grille cloth on the 'net.

Appreciate the direction, Selenium! Thanks!
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    edited July 2021
    Options
    No problem, glad to be of help. Way back in the good old days Polk's customer service would sell replacement grille material as a service part. I can remember Helen Yarbor (service legend) cutting the correct length of material and sending it out.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    At some interim point in time ;) I remember a claim of a fabric sold by Jo-Ann Fabrics that was supposed to be a good match for the Monitor Series' black "knit" fabric. Dunno the precise material nor do I know if it would still be available at this late date, though. :|