• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    Options
    Ver nice.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Several references to Bozak speakers in this book from my dad's collection.
    ct155oo4y90n.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    my2e0jqf9vbm.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Me likey
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    edited October 2021
    Options
    J. Gordon Holt (original Stereophile) always listed the Bozak speakers in his recommended components:

kkeukxja9q8a.png
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    I'm sporting wood.

SERIOUS wood.

Man, if Ken and Jesse split the driving duties....the trip to Polkfest would be a breeze.....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Me likey

So, if you were to come to Polkfest.....you could quote me what you'd charge to rehab the cabinets and you could write the whole trip off.....

• SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Just in case you would want to assemble a recommended components system around the Bozak's:

mf7n4bey9738.png
  • TroyD
    Options
    I'd REALLY like to hear these with the Marantz 7, 8B Thorens TD-124 combination for sure
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Some dude name of Jesse needs to make it happen....

That's all I know....it's nothing but a country drive. Down to PF. The rest is history.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    Options
    So, Sid installed the crossovers and new terminal plates this weekend......and any listening I did was through the L800s....so, last night I was listening to the Bozaks and I was not disappointed but underwhelmed.

So, this afternoon, I brought them out into the room a bit more and toed them in slightly....and placed a padded chair at an early reflection point of the left channel.

I am BACK in business. MUUUUAAAAHHHHH. @VR3.....you are a steely-eyed missile man! These things sound awesome. All the things I love about them with an added dose of transparency and bass definition. Treble still lacks extension and ultimate definition as compared to the L800s but it sounds incredibly real and lifelike. And an effortless presentation that you won’t get anywhere without dropping a ton of cash.

Thanks Sid!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    You had me going there for a sec.
    Åwesome that they turned out well.
    B)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    So, Sid installed the crossovers and new terminal plates this weekend......and any listening I did was through the L800s....so, last night I was listening to the Bozaks and I was not disappointed but underwhelmed.

So, this afternoon, I brought them out into the room a bit more and toed them in slightly....and placed a padded chair at an early reflection point of the left channel.

I am BACK in business. MUUUUAAAAHHHHH. @VR3.....you are a steely-eyed missile man! These things sound awesome. All the things I love about them with an added dose of transparency and bass definition. Treble still lacks extension and ultimate definition as compared to the L800s but it sounds incredibly real and lifelike. And an effortless presentation that you won’t get anywhere without dropping a ton of cash.

Thanks Sid!

That's great to hear! They definitely can fill a room with incredibly pleasant sound
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    Options
    Now that pleasant sound has definition, resolution and imaging